Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 16 February 2009 10.50am
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I've recently noticed that the brilliant FishBar by London Bridge has gone. In fact, all the shops on that block (except the tandoori place) appear to have been closed down due to the Thameslink expansion.

Does anyone know if the FishBar is going to be re-opening anywhere? It was by far the best fish and chips place I've found in SE1. It did proper chips.
Monday 16 February 2009 1.22pm
I don't know - presumably they'd put a sign up in their window if they were relocating

5 mins walk down Weston Street to Long Lane will get you to a chippy that I think is very good....
Monday 16 February 2009 1.43pm
One of those cafes on Borough High Street does take away chips and they're really good, thick and crispy. They also do a gigantic veg lasagne which is good but fatty. Its the place with the counter on the right as you go in. The chips come in a foil tray.
Monday 16 February 2009 5.43pm
Hmm, anyone know which cafe to which Beetie refers? Partial to a good chip.
Monday 16 February 2009 6.19pm
I'll be going past later, Tolstoy. I'll get back with the name.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 8.25pm
farewell the fish bar ..... hello to a 6 pack.

I can dream.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 8.31pm
I have a 4 pack (the last two are tricky) but the odd sinful chip will do you no harm. All in moderation.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 10.23pm
Tolstoy, I didn't go past but from what I can see on Seety its Cafe Rossi
Tuesday 17 February 2009 10.46pm
Ah ok, never been in there. Thanks for the info.
Wednesday 18 February 2009 10.03am
rossis chips are frozen...not a patch on Fishbar. Fishbar's chips will be sorely missed
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: