Dressmaker / frock for the tall and pregnant!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 16 February 2009 1.02pm
Hello,

I'm despairing slightly at the moment as finding clothes to cover all 6 foot of me is tough at the best of times, but I'm now pregnant too it's totaly impossible.

I could do with a pair of smart trousers (min 34" leg) and I'm going to need a dress for attending a wedding in May (by which point I'll probably be huge)!

Can anyone suggest shops or a reasonably priced local dress maker? I've managed to get some jeans long enough in topshop, but can't find anywhere that does longer length tops and dresses and the only smart trousers I can find are rather cheap and nasty looking.

Sadly it seems long tall sally stopped doing maternity wear quite recently!

Thanks,
Kirsty
Monday 16 February 2009 1.17pm
try long tall sally -i am 6 ft and buy lots of trousers (they go up to 36 inch inside leg) and skirts from there and i think they do a maternity range??? they do mail order on the net as well. Also Boden do some longer trousers but not sure on maternity. I got a lot of maternity wear from Hennes which came up long
Monday 16 February 2009 1.19pm
oh and try beanpole bumps (on the net) as well!!
Monday 16 February 2009 1.29pm
Thanks Dee dee

Unfortunately LTS seem to have stopped doing maternity clothes, will have a look at H&M tho, didn't realise they did them do they have the matrnity stuff at any of the oxford street shops do you know? Beanpole bumps may solve the trouser problem too, Thanks.

K
Monday 16 February 2009 1.36pm
well it was a few years ago i had mine-Blooming marvellous were good as well i recall buying a few bits from them

i used to get maternity wear in the big hennes in oxford street also Dot Perkins do a tall range and maternity wear not sure if they combine the two mind you!!
Monday 16 February 2009 1.41pm
I think the lady who owns Pussy Willow on Bermondsey Street does bespoke dress making, not sure on what clothes or the prices but it might be worth popping in and seeing what she can do
Monday 16 February 2009 3.00pm
It's not in SE1 but Pretty Pregnant in East Dulwich (North Cross St) imports a lot of its stuff from Holland so the trousers are always long. I bought two pairs there last year including some fab black trousers which I had to take up (I'm 5 foot 8). My 6 foot 2 Dutch friend got most of her maternity wear there. They also have a branch in Marylebone.
Monday 16 February 2009 3.55pm
LTS did have a pair of maternity trousers on the web site-go in to it and type maternity
Monday 16 February 2009 3.55pm
Nr work (Chiltern St, Marylebone) there seems to be a clutch of maternity shops, huddled up near the bridal shops (handy, that), and also LTS and a couple of places that make large sized shoes for women.

It's an odd neighbourhood (you can also get a range of Indian musical instruments and woodwind instruments, as well as pubic hair dye - each from a different shop, of course), but something there might suit your purposes.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 16 February 2009 10.13pm
Absolutely nothing to do with maternity wear, I am an old f**t with grandchildren, but Chiltern St is a goldmine, not only LTS bur also Grey Flannel, best, eclectic mens' outfitter in London. Always worth a visit.

( and no, you don't have to be over 70, last time I met a deputy Governor of the bank of England ) Sorry, did that put you off.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: