Carol Thatcher

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
Monday 16 February 2009 7.31pm
I noted with interest that there was a protest at Carol Thatchers home today... I'm mystified as to how it possible to complain about the use of a word, when you don't know the context within which it was used.

Surely, you need to know how a word was used in order to determine if it was offensive? Maybe the BBC published a transcript of this private conversation and I just missed it... maybe they bug the green room.

I have no time for racism, but I really don't think Carol Thatcher is a racist, maybe she's a bit of a twit but that's not a crime.

Related news & features

Monday 16 February 2009 8.39pm
She used it while referring to a black tennis player instead of using his name. It wasn't made in private but at her workplace.
Monday 16 February 2009 8.56pm
I think protesting at her house is really out of line. She's not a politician. She made the remark to a couple of colleagues, not on the air. According to her, she did already apologize. She's been fired. Why keep hounding her? Is there such a thing as free speech in this country?
Monday 16 February 2009 9.14pm
I agree with Laphroig. It smacks of intolerance and harassment. I hope this is not seen as a SE1 initiative.

Froggy
Monday 16 February 2009 9.45pm
I think she has been a very naughty girl. Boris should give her a damn good spanking with a wet fish.

Sorry - I can't take this seriously while folks are losing their jobs, we are fighting 2 wars and Lloyd's are about to pay their *ankers a shed load of cash.
Monday 16 February 2009 10.12pm
and look what Jonathan Ross did and his offensive remarks were broadcast...we are inching closer to a police state where private remarks are censored by the thought police. ridiculous
Monday 16 February 2009 11.01pm
What really gets on my wick are people who get offended on other people behalf.
Monday 16 February 2009 11.03pm
What is the point of the B.B.C. show "The One Show" any way and why do they have a Green Room in order that so called celebs (who are paid to do their job) can get sloshed at our expense.
C.T. is a twit and by now she should have known to watch her tongue in public and in private, but where will this all end. Certainly the scarey Head Girl from the BBC who pontificated on the Today show after the event has certainly set down the new school rules. So we end up with dull, dreary programmes (especially on radio 4 at lunchtime and 6.30pm) that mock the intelligence of us all in one way or another!
Monday 16 February 2009 11.19pm
Dickie wrote:

Indeed, well put.
Monday 16 February 2009 11.38pm
Dickie wrote:

jonnyp42 wrote:
Indeed, well put.

Irony

love it!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: