Ideas for empty newsagent's shop in Flat Iron Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 18 February 2009 2.26pm
Anyone have any ideas of what would be a useful addition to Flat Iron Square and the general area for the empty newsagent's shop on the corner?
Wednesday 18 February 2009 2.35pm
A flower/plant shop would be nice. I would have said a small pharmacist would also be good as many others only opne Mon-Fri. But the one at the top end of Borough High St is testing opening on Sat afternoon snow, which is handy.
Thursday 19 February 2009 12.28pm
I agree that a chemist could be a good addition to the area - it would be very handy as I seem to spend every other day in the Borough Hi St one en route to work (glad they're testing a Sat opening too - otherwise it's a long walk to Lower Marsh or Boots in Waterloo Station, or Hays Galleria).

I get hayfever so I tend to avoid flower shops - though they do look lovely and they would certainly brighten up the corner.

What else would be useful in the area?
Thursday 19 February 2009 7.43pm
A shop dedicated to unicycles in International Klein Blue gets my vote.

Unless of course there are several outlets already. Another such outlet would lower the tone of SE1 and I would become very angry indeed. A picket wouldn't be out of the question, my friends.

Yours, Kevin
Saviour of SE1
and Chicken Cottage franchisee
Thursday 19 February 2009 7.57pm
I vote that no more halal Chicken Cottage restaurants spring up in SE1 - with their cruel way of killing chickens.
Thursday 19 February 2009 8.13pm
errr, I am not really a Chicken Cottage franchisee, in fact not a fan at all.

Boss St Blokes link shows that a number of animal welfare groups question slaughter methods for Jewish and Moslem chickens. I don't mean that the chickens themselves are Jewish or Moslem. Although some SE1 may disagree, I suspect chickens are at best agnostic.

But if we are going to kill them, let's do it as humanely as possible.
jw
Friday 20 February 2009 7.50am
Where is Flat Iron Square?
Friday 20 February 2009 10.04am
Not part of the animal rights lobby etc etc but personally if I were a chicken I would worry less about pain relief at the point of death than the manner in which I had lived!
Friday 20 February 2009 10.11am
Perhaps we could end the tangent about slaughter methods, please.

jw - Flat Iron Square is the space at the junction of Union Street and Southwark Bridge Road.

I did hear some suggestion that an Indian restaurant might open in the empty shop.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 February 2009 11.26am
Hi James, I believe the suggestion of an Indian restaurant came from the previous owners - who've since gone. I'm asking the question as the people who have taken over the lease asked me if I had any ideas that would be useful to the area and I thought I'd ask a wider audience on here for them and pass the suggestions over.

So please keep the suggestions coming ....

Many thanks
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: