Well done Channel 4, Sky & Blainey...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 January 2004 9.49am
... for returning Potter's Fields to a better state than it was before the cunning stunt started. It looks immaculate.

Three cheers for daft entertainment, global broadcasting corporations and capitalism!

Friday 23 January 2004 10.17am

hmmm. are you hinting that a sudden attack of spoonerism might occur to us as we read the phrase "before the cunning stunt started" ??
Friday 23 January 2004 10.21am
Is spoonerism something to do with a cutlery fetish?

I just wanted to make a postive post on the board (which is heavily skewed towards moaning and griping) about something in SE1 which has markedly got better. That's all.

Friday 23 January 2004 10.45am

and I think your post is an excellent one - we do gripe a lot (me included).
Friday 23 January 2004 10.49am
Yeah it will be lovely in Summer, when it is opened up for use again.

No doubt all the hot dog vendors will return in their masses though! (Sorry to moan Jonathan....) But I do agree that it is looking better!
Monday 26 January 2004 3.52pm
sorry - i just wanted people to see my 'hilarious' post in case they missed it (but more likely did and were too polite to comment)

couldn't help myself - I may be over 30 but part of me will always be 15

Post edited (26 Jan 04 15:53)
Monday 26 January 2004 7.35pm
The grass looks really lush at the moment, but considering how much use it gets in the summer it won't last long. They should have used multi- coloured astroturf and made an artistic display.
Oh yes, and beds of artificial flowers and plants and a few dozen artificial palm trees.

Post edited (26 Jan 04 19:37)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: