Has anyone got employment from Olympics?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 19 February 2009 9.36pm
Has anyone in SE1 had any work from, or knows anyone who has benefited from the Olympics yet?
Any promise of any jobs?
It's a genuine question, because I haven't met a single person who has done any work for the 2012 Olympics.
Am I just being impatient?
Thursday 19 February 2009 10.20pm
I know the architects that are building the Velodrome, but suspect that's not really who you had in mind.
Thursday 19 February 2009 11.47pm
It's a start-
any one else?
Thursday 19 February 2009 11.57pm
Not *employment* as such, but Pecan in County Street are running training courses for locals which are linked into the Olympics volunteering programme. They advertised in our email newsletter last week. Details here.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 20 February 2009 6.41am
I hate to say "I told you so", (well, no, I dont really hate it THAT much) but this Olympics caper is just the last bloody straw in these financially disastrous times. It was always an over ambitious, over bombastic project, but now I can see nothing but catastrophe ahead.
Friday 20 February 2009 9.02am
But Jackie, what do you really think? ;-)

There is a list of jobs for which they are currently recruiting here:

There is also a page of construction jobs.

I've been keeping an eye on the jobs listings for months but there hasn't been anything that would apply to me. There are a lot more listings now, though.
Friday 20 February 2009 12.53pm
I had a job interview for the Olympics last Friday. Fingers crossed I'll get a job.

They're hiring quite a few people.
Friday 20 February 2009 1.02pm
Good luck!
Friday 20 February 2009 7.00pm
Doing what?
Saturday 21 February 2009 4.50pm
graham wrote:
It's a start-
any one else?
a company I met last week - Catering2Order (based just off the old kent road near the B&Q) are providing some of the catering. Also the ODA have published their current suppliers list at http://www.london2012.com/get-involved/business-network/oda-suppliers/index.php
although there's plenty of larger companies as suppliers there's also a lot of small ones too
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: