Damaged in the war

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 February 2009 2.33am
Hi,
could anyone tell me if there was a bank next to Tower Bridge Police Station that was Damaged during the War.
Thanks.
Wednesday 25 February 2009 9.42pm
There was a bank on the corner of tower bridge next to the public toilets by st olaves school.
I cannot remember it being damaged.
Wednesday 25 February 2009 10.01pm
Based on the amount of bombs dropped on the Shad Thames or London Bridge areas in WW2, I'm surprised there wasn't a building that was left without bomb damage!

For example, this site provides a comprehensive list of V1 and V2 rocket sites in SE1. Queen Elizabeth St was hit no less than 4 times! However there's no mention of a bank or the police station I'm afraid.

Friday 13 March 2009 6.13pm
Nihil_Dicit wrote:
Based on the amount of bombs dropped on the Shad Thames or London Bridge areas in WW2, I'm surprised there wasn't a building that was left without bomb damage!
For example, this site provides a comprehensive list of V1 and V2 rocket sites in SE1. Queen Elizabeth St was hit no less than 4 times! However there's no mention of a bank or the police station I'm afraid.

I have looked at that site and cannot find where to contact the author, although he asks for corrections etc.
Sunday 15 March 2009 11.36pm
http://www.flyingbombsandrockets.com/Intro_page.html

Just had a look....It says at the bottom of this page that he's currently too busy to accept anymore emails :(
Friday 5 June 2009 12.56pm
May be of interest, I found someone kind has posted fairly low-res photos of the The London County Council Bomb Damage Maps, 1939-1945 on this site with a handy key:

Link to Flickr website

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: