Piano lessons

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 20 February 2009 2.38pm
Hi

Anybody know of piano or keyboard lessons in the area?

Steve
Zoe
Friday 20 February 2009 7.01pm
Morley College is the best place, they do all sorts of music courses (but not clarinet anymore, sadly).
Friday 20 February 2009 10.08pm
Hi Steve, can you already read music? Do you want to learn properly, or just casually? Do you have a keyboard? I'm not a teacher, but I play a little at home, and have studied to grade 6 level with Royal School of Music. Depending on your circumstances/needs I may be able to help or get you started on a basic/casual/intermediate level for free. The piano is a beautiful instrument to play.
Sunday 22 February 2009 3.21pm
Linda Nottingham advertised local piano lessons in our email newsletter last autumn - see
http://www.se1direct.co.uk/issues/index.php?issue=418

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 23 February 2009 9.43am
Hi Darren

Thanks for replying. I don't read music although I did at school and don't have a keyboard either. I want to learn casually and thought I would take a couple of lessons see how it goes and if it was working buying a keyboard and continue with the lessons.
Steve
Monday 23 February 2009 1.05pm
Steve

I learn with Linda Nottingham. She's happy for beginners to have a couple of lessons so see how they go so give her a call!
Monday 23 February 2009 1.10pm
Hi,

Karen, What is the going rate for piano lessons these days? I used to learn years ago and would love to go back to it, but not sure I can afford it.

Thanks,
K
Monday 23 March 2009 11.28pm
Would you consider teaching a 9 year old boy who shows ability in piano, is quick to learn,and finds it fun, but moved area and can't continue with previous teacher? We have a digital piano and live in Kennington SE11
Tuesday 24 March 2009 6.16am
I'm a concert pianist living on Bermondsey Street, and a professor at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. From my experience, I would say avoid the adult keyboard classes that are offered by some of the above mentioned institutions (there's another institution near London Bridge which is really to be avoided, I don't think I could name names here). I've had beginner students who started off with those group classes, for cheaper price, but also ended up with terrible habits and technique that I had to spend lots of time correcting. The problem is, everyone learns differently, and mistakes need to be corrected on an individual basis. A group class setting just doesn't allow that kind of care.

It's better to start off with one-on-one lessons, see how you get on, in terms of time commitment and if you get along with the teacher. If you can't afford to have full hour lessons, better to do half hour lessons, but keep the momentum up. It's like going to the gym....

'nuff rambling. good luck!

good luck
Tuesday 24 March 2009 10.40am
I'm an experienced and well qualified piano and music theory teacher in SE1. Very happy to discuss requirements with you

John 07770 268169
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: