London Bridge Experience street horror

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Sunday 22 February 2009 12.29pm
Hi,

I was wondering what people think about the outside street setting of the London Bridge Experience (guilottine, corpses, bloody guts, etc.).

I'm not sure it is very good for the overall feel of the area, and it also scares my children.

Cheers.
Sunday 22 February 2009 1.42pm
It's in keeping the the London Dungeon - and as tacky!
Sunday 22 February 2009 2.03pm
Bubulle, I do agree. It's repellent and coarsening. The constant tinny music is also a public nuisance. The London Dungeon is crummy too, but the knock-off across the street is crummy on stilts.
Sunday 22 February 2009 3.24pm
bubulle wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering what people think about the outside street setting of the London Bridge Experience (guilottine, corpses, bloody guts, etc.).

I'm not sure it is very good for the overall feel of the area, and it also scares my children.

Cheers.

Perhaps teach your children that some things are real and that some things aren't?

Growing up in London they'll experience far worse. Best to get that out of their system now.
Sunday 22 February 2009 3.48pm
I just find it noisy, crass and unsightly.
Sunday 22 February 2009 5.57pm
Maybe I was only being slightly premature in my forecast of a year ago:
Lang Rabbie - February 2008 wrote:
Can SE1 sustain two horror attractions so near to each other? Or will this summer see touts for the two venues waving severed limbs at families emerging from London Bridge tube trying to convince them that they are purveyors of the more gruesome experience?
Sunday 22 February 2009 8.55pm
I wouldnt find it so objectionable if they didnt make so much noise. I find their on street promotion really, really annoying...
Sunday 22 February 2009 9.06pm
It's awful, much worse than the London Dungeon. Why does Southwark welcome/allow so much tat and make out that there's nothing to be done? Compare and contrast with the situation just across London Bridge; just as much history and as many tourists but the City of London Corporation deal it with brilliantly and minimise the effect it has on it's workers and residents.

Armpit Vale wrote:
Perhaps teach your children that some things are real and that some things aren't?

Do you have young children?
Sunday 22 February 2009 9.18pm
In fact the council have turned down two planning applications relating to the London Bridge Experience's external signage and decoration.

This is the officers' report on the most recent application for advertisement consent.

Last year the council refused consent for the painted street scene underneath London Bridge. The officers' recommendation talked about instigating enforcement action for its removal but last time I walked that way it was still there.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 22 February 2009 9.30pm
Thanks James, I stand (slightly!) corrected. Kind of shutting the door after the horse has bolted though; why allow such a shabby offering in the first place?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: