Post / Toast / The Toast Office (Bermondsey Street)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 22 February 2009 8.35pm
Anyone know whats happened to Post?

I used to love it when they had the 2 lads working in there. They did an amazing ham and cheese croissant.

Then it shut for a bit, reopened selling different stuff.

Now it seems to have been shut for a very long time, perhaps the best part of a year?

What's going on?
Sunday 22 February 2009 8.45pm
Liquidators were appointed at the end of last year:
http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/58938/notices/699313

See also
http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/58938/notices/699455

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 22 February 2009 8.47pm
Oh :(

I think their food in the 2nd incarnation was just too fussy to cope in the market - they got rid of all their best stuff which meant places like Goode Foods (RIP gloria) and Fuzzy's could thrive...
Sunday 22 February 2009 9.21pm
Yep it was a shame when it first shut down, i miss their great sub rolls. The second version clearly wasn't going to last long as it was average pre-packed stuff. I thought it was owned by the guy who also owns the Woolpack?
PKM
Thursday 19 March 2009 4.12pm
I saw a couple of guys stripping off the film from the window the other day...I wonder what its going to come back as?...
Thursday 19 March 2009 4.22pm
I saw two guys going in there on Monday evening with their weekly shopping. Surely there not sleeping on the job?!!
Monday 23 March 2009 3.58pm
It was getting cleared out last week (saw a child running out with the old "Toast Office" sign) and now appears to have been repainted and has some blinds in the windows.

I hope it reopens with things people would like to buy :-)
Monday 23 March 2009 9.39pm
It all went wrong when they plastered their windows with Comic Sans lettering. Call me a font snob but very little is more likely to put me off a place.
Tuesday 24 March 2009 6.28am
how about "specials" and various items written on stars cut out of fluro card in a variety of lurid colours and stuck onto windows..i cringe when i see that
Tuesday 24 March 2009 7.18am
Yeah, that too...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: