Subway comes to BHS

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 23 February 2009 3.18pm
I couldn't believe the queue for the new Subway on BHS. At first I thought it was a longer than usual queue for the overseas visitors records centre,but no
a 1 a sub first day offer was taking place.Good to see all those students taking advantage though I'm sure the other sandwich bars in the area will be worried.
Monday 23 February 2009 3.41pm
Someone posted this snap of the queue on Twitter/Twitpic:

http://twitpic.com/1nd8r

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 23 February 2009 3.56pm
nigel wrote:
At first I thought it was a longer than usual queue for the overseas visitors records centre

I thought that too.
I was walking past at the precise moment it opened.
Its not an eyesore and it does good veggie patties but I am concerned we may get a big ugly Mcdonalds. At least the Guy's one is discreet.
Monday 23 February 2009 11.26pm
Mmm, plastic sandwiches! Subway is no more fresh or real than McDonald's , in my opinion.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 7.33am
I thought Subway was the place where you get small french stick type bread filled with any filling you want with fresh salad etc.?
Tuesday 24 February 2009 8.21am
Zappomatic wrote:
Mmm, plastic sandwiches! Subway is no more fresh or real than McDonald's , in my opinion.
I agree. I wasn't clear. I just mean its not a monster of a shop.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 1.31pm
How is it not fresh when they make the sandwiches in front of you? Not seen that happen at McDonalds.

It might be reprehensible as another American franchise chain, but I would not say the end product is not fresh.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 7.39pm
Depends on your interpretation of 'fresh', Nelson. If I grab a 2-week old lettuce from the fridge and make a salad with it, it's 'freshly made', but certainly isn't fresh. (I'm not saying Subway use manky old lettuce, by the way.) I'd prefer real fresh ingredients to long-life sandwich fillers any day.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 8.51pm
Nelsons do much better grub and i hope they survive the arrival of the awful subway
Wednesday 25 February 2009 1.21pm
I agree, I agree. I dunno what Subway put in their bread, but I've found it's all sickly and cloying.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: