Coronet at Elephant & Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 January 2004 1.54pm
Am going to see Primal Scream at the Coronet tomorrow, anyone here with recommendations for somewhere nearby for a nice pre-gig pint or two? Thanks.

Friday 23 January 2004 2.32pm
a pub has been refurbished corner of rodney road new kent road....looked okay the other night....

Friday 23 January 2004 4.52pm
The Beehive, just off Walworth Rd (a quick bus ride or a 10 min walk from the Coronet), is a really nice little pub in an area fairly starved of decent places to drink.

see a bit of info and the address at -
Friday 23 January 2004 5.12pm
Whats wrong with the Wetherspoons pub next to Nandos at the Eand C.
Good beer and cheap prices. Today I had a pint of Spitfire, a pint of Guest ale and a double rum and coke for 5.07 . He let me off the 7p for cash.
I love my real ales and go to many festivals. The quality of the beers in most Wetherspoons pubs I visit is good. I have no problem in recommending them.
Sunday 25 January 2004 11.04am
Henry, you're right -- much cheapness to be had at the Wetherspoons. However last time I was in there for a quiet midweek drink with a colleague, there was a particularly vicious fight where a bloke was lying on the floor having his head repeatedly kicked. I'm not suggesting you would be in danger if you went in there but it was very upsetting to witness. That coupled with the fact that there's always food and cigarette debris hanging around for ages on the tables before they're cleaned detracts from what could be a decent and reasonably priced place to drink.
Monday 26 January 2004 2.05pm
Thanks for your advice - ended up in the Wetherspoons; full of all-day-drinking old geezers on their own in beer-splattered clothing around the time I arrived at 530pm, but once more gig-goers got there it improved slightly. Not the sort of place you'd take your mam on Mother's Day but incredibly cheap nontheless.

Oh and Primal Scream were excellent, and the Coronet is cracking little venue too!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: