Southwark Council wasting resources

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 1.41pm
6 Months after moving from the area and cancelling council tax I have Southwark Council chasing me for the outstanding balance (At the time of cancellation I paid what they told me was due). I've had 3 first class letters and 2 automated phonecalls and I've just spoken to them thereby taking up a service agents time. The amount they are chasing......29p! What a complete waste of money and resources.
Tuesday 24 February 2009 2.02pm
I cleared over six grand on my student loan, but left about three pounds by accident, and they never wrote to tell me, just sent me a statement about a year later, and had charged me 2.50 interest. It's not as bad as 29p, but I was still pretty annoyed, (though it's not like I had any love for the SLC in the first place)
Saturday 11 June 2011 1.11pm
Yeah I just a bill for a property I haven't lived in since 2003?? Also when I was there I was a student. They are now threatening to take me and my ex-flat mate to court? Even though I was living in other properties in the borough during this time. Bizarre. Southwark council are turning into some kind of council/extortion agency
Sunday 12 June 2011 9.04am
i once had a bank giving me problems over 5p, is funny now, at the time it was very frustrating

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: