BYOB in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 February 2009 11.34am
Anyone know of any good bring your own bottle restaurants in our esteemed area? Waterloo-ish would be good.
Thursday 26 February 2009 1.45pm
The only place I know of, and a cafe, rather than restaurant - is in Lower Marsh - by day a traditional english breakfast type of cafe and by night they serve (delicious and excellent value for money - i.e. very inexpensive) Thai food. It is a bring your own bottle and it is very popular - get there early.

Unfortunately the name of it escapes me at the moment - heading west it's on the left approx 1/3 of the way down Lower Marsh.

If anyone knows of any byob restaurants though I'd be interested to know about them too.
Thursday 26 February 2009 2.23pm
You're thinking of Marie's Cafe in Lower Marsh

See also this thread from last autumn, though not Waterloo-centric:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/98575

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 26 February 2009 2.31pm
Thursday 26 February 2009 2.35pm
This site has 2 in our area - search the page for SE1. There is some good advice at the top of the page.

La Fermata is supposed to be BYOB too.

Perhaps James could mark BYOB places, like he marks ones with WiFi?
Thursday 26 February 2009 2.56pm
Cafe Nawaz on Snowfields.
Thursday 26 February 2009 4.51pm
I went to Cafe Nawaz last night. It was excellent, very friendly staff and always good food. Being able to BYO always helps keep the price down too, which is one of the reasons I keep going back.
Thursday 26 February 2009 4.56pm
Agree 100%. Prices very fair, and you can choose to take a few beers or a bottle of something that might really complement the food (I had a good experience with a Gruner Veltliner). The service can occasionally be a bit unfocused, but they're nice people. The takeaway is good, too. No connection etc.
Thursday 26 February 2009 7.28pm
in my experience vastly superior to simply indian

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: