New Bar / Restaurant / Cafe / Club Tooley Street ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 27 February 2009 12.32pm
Hello All

I'm new to the se1 Boards, but my family and I have lived here in SE1 for a few years. We love the area, especially as food lovers with Borough and the bars and restaurants around it.

We are about to sign a lease for a business premises on Tooley Street, close to London Bridge station.
We are a Catering and Hospitality business with a wide experience of different types of "food led" operations.

What I want to know is what you think is missing from that part of the area or the area as a whole.

I have looked through some discussions on the boards, but would appreciate your more recent thoughts.

We are canvassing opinions from everyone in the area. We have talked to office types working in More London to mums who meet for coffee.

Once the legal formalities are concluded, I can give more details on the site. The eagle eyed will probably have a fair idea anyway.

Much Appreciated

Tony
Friday 27 February 2009 1.08pm
Currently loving Vital Ingredient close to where I work in Mansion House. A fast-food style salad place....you choose your base salad and what size, then choose pre-set options or make up your own concoction....good healthry and quick.....and very popular.

However, I guess this would only be a lunchtime thing and if you wanted to open in the evenings it would work so well.

Good luck with your venture whatever it turns out to be.
Friday 27 February 2009 1.17pm
I saw something like that in Houndsditch. It does seem a good idea...though I always end up taking the Fuzzys Grub option.

We would consider something like that, but as you say the economics and limited appeal timewise may not suit this site
PKM
Friday 27 February 2009 3.30pm
I would like a really good deli/foodstore - a bit like borough market but in a shop and open every day and accessible in the evenings for afterwork shopping.

Also, more high qualilty Asian/Oriental/middle eastern type restaurants.

I would also welcome a cafe/tea rooms that serves fresh cakes (I was sorry to sea Shipps Tearooms close)
Friday 27 February 2009 4.41pm
PKM wrote:
I would like a really good deli/foodstore - a bit like borough market but in a shop and open every day and accessible in the evenings for afterwork shopping.
Also, more high qualilty Asian/Oriental/middle eastern type restaurants.

I would also welcome a cafe/tea rooms that serves fresh cakes (I was sorry to sea Shipps Tearooms close)

DELI _ Wish someone would do that. We have considered it and actually did a very similar venture outside London. May look at that in the future, but this site is too small.

Asian /Oriental : Hear, hear. I like Dragon Castle, though

Tea Rooms : On the long list, concerns about evening /night time interest and doubt would be that busy through the day
Friday 27 February 2009 4.57pm
Mmmmmmmm....Fuzzy's

Mmmmmmmm....Cakes

Mmmmmmmm....Deli...but isn't there already Absoloutley Starving at Hays Galeria on Tooley Street
Friday 27 February 2009 5.00pm
I'm strongly pro a good deli that's open till fairly late.

Absolutely Starving is not a proper deli, just a mishmash of expensive but undistinguished branded goods (IMHO).
Friday 27 February 2009 6.26pm
I agree with longlaner, on both counts,
Friday 27 February 2009 6.55pm
Hi Tony

Yep - a deli is the way to go. I live and (used to) work near Tower Bridge and a new deli opened last summer. Once the word got out it was rammed - folks queueing to hand over good money for good service and great food.

As this place is a good 12 minutes walk away you would not be rivals. They have listened to customers and refined their service to suite - you could do a lot worse than walking down, grabbing a coffee and checking the place out. Perhaps there is some sort of mutual business need - who knows - have a chat with the owner, he is a nice guy. This is the place. I always recommend them as they have got it just right.

I don't work for them, and my work takes me away from TB now, but when I work around here they are the place I goto to get lunch.
Friday 27 February 2009 8.30pm
I've always been surprised that there isn't a decent sushi bar near London Bridge. There is a Sushi Restaurant in Borough Market but it's a bit average and the closest sushi "train" is in Waterloo. Every other cuisine appears to be represented with something for every budget.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: