Car parking advice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sue
Sunday 25 January 2004 9.49pm
Hi,

Can you suggest the cheapest place to park locally for the weekend, we're staying at the Madhatter Hotel, Stamford Street. Cheers.

Sue.
Sunday 25 January 2004 9.52pm
Have you looked at the Car Parking page in the Transport section of this site?
Monday 26 January 2004 11.43am
Can't you park in a lot of residents bays without permits on the weekend?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Sue
Thursday 29 January 2004 2.32pm
Thanks for replying.

We looked at the car parking page before we tried to see if there was a cheaper alternative by posting on here.

Was really after a bit of local knowledge about what's best and any "not widely publicised" other options to the big car parks.

Round here you can sometimes find supermarket car parks which you can leave your car on free (less and less though as ASDA have now made theirs Pay & Display)

I suppose London being the packed Metropolis it is parking for non-residents comes at a price! We were coming on the train but circumstances have dictated an early getaway on the Sunday we leave! :o(

Anyone know for certain what the restrictions on residents bays are at weekends? Don't want to put any locals out but if anyone's not using there space on weekend of 5-7 March it may be an option!

Thanks again,

Sue.
Thursday 29 January 2004 2.56pm
Every right thinking Londoner leaves London for the weekend and goes to clear his soot encrusted lungs with some fresh country air - don't we Ivanhoe? Accordingly residents parking doesn't apply during the weekend at all. So help yourself. There's loads of space south of tower bridge road.
Thursday 29 January 2004 3.41pm
Are you sure that residents' parking isn't restricted at weekends - towards Shad Thames way it's restricted on Saturdays but free for all on Sundays.
Thursday 29 January 2004 3.58pm
Sue, i'm down the other end of Blackfriars Bridge Road from the Mad Hatter and you can park in the resident bays all weekend - best place is Gladstone Street as it's dead quiet and you can get a space at weekend - Mapmaker's spot on

Post edited (29 Jan 04 15:58)
Thursday 29 January 2004 4.16pm
I'm pretty positive that round me (Falmouth Rd) it's OK to park in residents' bays on evenings and weekends.

You could park where I leave my car, but i'm hoping mapmaker offers to whisk me away to his rustic seat in his luxury car this weekend (so my rusty old tub will, hopefully, be spared the challenge of locomotion).

Thursday 29 January 2004 5.31pm

You are on Falmouth Road? That pub by the end, where your road joins Great Dover Street - is it any good. i have been past a few times and it always seems empty...
Thursday 29 January 2004 7.07pm
It's the Roebuck red bus.

It always used to be empty for a good reason [that being that it was a bit shabby and was staffed by generally sulky people and frequented by people who felt at home in that atmoshphere].

It's been taken over recently and now only opens from 5pm. I think they're trying to market it at the halls of residence immediately opposite. I've not been in since reopening, but that's because there are plenty of other nicer places to go and it doesn't really seem like it's anything other than a big room with beer taps.

But, as I've said, I've never been in. If you give it a try, then post something and tell me how wrong I've been.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: