Healthy Eating in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 January 2004 10.13am
Are there any healthy options for eating out in SE1? I want to take the other half out on Friday, but we're trying to be good at the moment - somewhere with tasty vegetable/chicken/fish dishes, not smothered in creamy or cheesy sauces...

Anyone any suggestions?
Monday 26 January 2004 10.19am
Tas is great for that. Really healthy and delicious Turkish food. No kebabs - grilled meat, fish, lovely salads. Mmmm.

There are 3 branches in SE1 - Borough High St, one near the Globe Theatre and one on The Cut, Waterloo.

they have a website at
Monday 26 January 2004 10.23am
I've had takeaway from their café in Borough - that was good and was very wholesome. I'd happily give the restaurant a go...

Opposite Tas on The Cut is a pub which serves Thai food - does anyone know if they have a menu online?
Monday 26 January 2004 10.41am
i think it's called the Windmill
Tuesday 27 January 2004 4.46pm
It certainly is, but now I've got a menu, she'd decided neither Thai nor Turkish tickles her tastebuds.

Anyone else think of anything different (yet it must be healthy!) locally?
Tuesday 27 January 2004 4.51pm

Besides the Windmill is a Chinese, in which I had some decent food a few weeks ago - possibly reasonably healthy...?
Tuesday 27 January 2004 6.12pm
Take her to the Royal Oak. You can have Steak and Kidney Pudding and she can have the bowl of veggies that comes with it (that you won't have room to eat anyway).

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 28 January 2004 5.03pm
How come so many pubs do Thai food now?
I can think of four near here.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: