London Bridge access and Shard of Glass building site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 March 2009 11.52am
Am I the only one annoyed that the builders at the Shard of Glass can block off the top of Great Maze Pond and Joiner Street and force everyone to walk around them?

Is this legal?
Thursday 5 March 2009 12.08pm
You're not alone. It is annoying to have to cross at the crossing. However, I don't think we were ever supposed to be crossing where most people did. Since losing the pavement next to the site on the north side of St. Thomas street, I've seen people just floating about in the road and looking bewildered when a car is honking at them. I think we're paying the price for the dopeys.
Thursday 5 March 2009 1.03pm
Of course we're not supposed to cross there, which is precisely why there is a crossing. We have simply become accustomed to taking the short cut. Was it ever thus....

It isn't so annoying not to be knocked down, is it? It must add a whole 15 seconds on our journeys :p
Thursday 5 March 2009 5.58pm
I know it's only a tiny short diversion but grrrrr the annoyance it is causing me is completely out of proportion :)

and the fact that waterworks people keep on re-digging up bits they have already worked on all along that road!
Friday 6 March 2009 3.52pm
For goodness sake, stop moaning!
Friday 6 March 2009 3.59pm
Now, come-on folks. I think we need to focus....you too, Judie. Centre, deep breathe....feel the beautiful sunshine, that's it...let it go.......ahhhhhh.

And don't get me started on the Victorian Water Work programme....:p

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: