Northfleet House Infestation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
JC2
Friday 6 March 2009 4.49pm
Please forward this to any Northfleet House residents you may know and, if relevant, contact Southwark Council without delay. Thanks for your attention.

I am writing to you as another resident of Northfleet House. I understand that a number of flats, mine included, have become infested with ants that live throughout the block. This is a serious problem and without immediate treatment the entire block, and all the flats within it, are liable to full infestation.

You can contact the Council simply and free of charge by calling the pest control group: 0800 0526 247. Block treatment is free of charge and will ensure that the risks of further infestation, food poisoning etc are avoided.

Southwark Council's guidelines require that before a block can be treated, 10% of the flats must inform them that there is a problem. If you have seen an ant in your flat you should inform the Pest Control Team without delay in order to avoid infestations that may become difficult/impossible to remove.

Council information recognizes that ants can cause serious diseases and infest entire blocks. The treatment of individual flats cannot kill the nests which live outside of flats, in the block. The information advises:

‘How can I get rid of pharaoh ants?
An infestation of Pharaoh ants will need professional treatment. A common method is to use a food bait insecticide which can kill the queen ant and destroy the colony.
How we can help
Please resist the temptation to try and treat these ants yourself with insecticide sprays. Treatment for this insect is normally undertaken on a block control basis as treatment for individual flats or rooms will be not be effective. Please let the council have access to your property so that the infestation can be professional dealt with. http://www.southwark.gov.uk/uploads/FILE_32735.pdf'

Thank you for your attention.
Kindest regards.
Saturday 7 March 2009 11.21pm
Northfleet House is in danger of being seriously infested by vermin too as one of the residents continues to feed pigeons several times a day despite being warned by the council not to do so. The food on the ground, apart from totally wrecking the grass and gardens, is attracting rats, causing a further public health issue.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: