Millenium City Garage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Monday 6 January 2014 11.15pm
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Lemon S's post. I've had a good and not so good experience with MCG. I was about to go into some detail, but I don't want to run down local businesses; I try only to praise. However, to balance the extremely positive praise, I would not disregard out of hand Lemon S's post and I speak from experience. I will say no more than that.
Monday 31 March 2014 12.59pm
I recently used Millennium garage to repair some body works on a lease car that was due to go back. Before instructing them to do the works I specifically asked if they could guarantee me that the works would be up to the standard required by AUDI. Nick the owner/manager assured me that they would be, I have since been told by Audi that the works carried out were to below the RAC regulations and would have to be done again. Nick has since repeatedly ignored all of my calls and emails and refused to refund my money. I have had to pay 1200 on top of the 800 paid TO Millennium, complete cowboys.
over the years I've given this garage all of my cars to repair or do the MOT's and to be treated like this is upsetting.
Monday 31 March 2014 1.02pm
I recently used Millennium garage to repair some body works on a lease car that was due to go back. Before instructing them to do the works I specifically asked if they could guarantee me that the works would be up to the standard required by AUDI. Nick the owner/manager assured me that they would be, I have since been told by Audi that the works carried out were to below the RAC regulations and would have to be done again. Nick has since repeatedly ignored all of my calls and emails and refused to refund my money. I have had to pay 1200 on top of the 800 paid TO Millennium, complete cowboys
Tuesday 1 April 2014 1.35pm
Dennis36 wrote:
works carried out were to below the RAC regulations and would have to be done again.

The RAC are not responsible for any regulations, it's a motoring club.

What was the problem with the work? Millennium have been the target here of untrue complaints before, so it'd be good if you can add clarity to yours.
Tuesday 1 April 2014 2.20pm
Whilst there is no such thing as RAC regulations, the insinuation from Truthmonkey's reply is that Dennis's post is in someway untrue. I'm not about to add fuel to fire - hence why I won't discuss my gripe with MCG - but I have had a very real issue previously with MCG which is why I wouldn't use them again. I wouldn't discount out of hand others' complaints of poor service.
Monday 7 April 2014 2.02pm
I would never use them again, the final price I paid was more than originally quoted and then the works had to be done again by another garage because of poor quality.
Monday 7 April 2014 9.21pm
All looks odd to me. After years of good reviews a few new guys come on and slate Millenium. Does someone want the arches? Brit Rail property people maybe? Can't believe a business rival would need to do this. If you are good you are good.
V odd and not convincing.
Yes I am a customer. I accept no one is perfect and I take Gavin's post.
But really?
Monday 7 April 2014 11.42pm
theedy wrote:
All looks odd to me. After years of good reviews a few new guys come on and slate Millenium. Does someone want the arches? Brit Rail property people maybe? Can't believe a business rival would need to do this. If you are good you are good.
V odd and not convincing.
Yes I am a customer. I accept no one is perfect and I take Gavin's post.
But really?

Totally agree with you. Surely if someone wanted work done to "the standard required by Audi" you'd take it to an Audi dealer. If you can't afford to properly maintain a higher end car, don't buy one in the first place.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 4.07pm
I said I'd stay out of this, but a couple of points:

British Rail/someone does want the arches back - I believe James ran a new story last year saying that there were alternative plans for the arches. I don't know what's going on.

I can understand the "pro" MCG crew - they're entitled to their view. So too are the "negative" views expressed. Those have been dismissed out of hand.

As a regular poster on this website, I was looking for a garage recommendation. I found MCG. I took my car for its first visit and shelled out 300 for new coils as a warning light was appearing on the dash. No issue was immediately apparent as the fault was only intermittent. First impressions were good: Nick claimed it should have cost 400, but "We'll discount it to this as you're a new customer". I felt as though I had got the job done cheaper.

Shame that an hour after leaving the garage - with 300 worth of coils - the fault recurred. To their credit, MCG took the car back - requiring it for the whole day - to run further diagnostics. They said they had resolved it when I collected it, but they didn't and the fault persisted. As this was one of those "niggling" faults, despite having spent 300, I didn't push the matter further.

A few months later, the car needed a new suspension spring and a gearbox mount. Despite I was told it would take a day. They had my car for eight days (six working days). On the first day, I got a call from Nick saying the car would be ready at some stage on Wednesday as the parts wouldn't be delivered until the following (Tuesday) afternoon. On Wednesday, Nick was constantly busy and remained so engaged for the remainder of my car's time with him. I was calling daily as I needed the car and I later discovered from Nick's "assistant" that the parts were only ordered on day six, arriving on day seven, and fitted to the car on day eight! As the bill for the work was 600 and I had been told the work would take a day. In the event, the car was with them for over a week and the bill was comparable with that from a main dealer, albeit the service definitely wasn't.

Subsequently, I sold the vehicle to a motor trader and I explained the issues with the coils (as the warning light on the dash still came on intermittently). He plugged the car into his computer and said that MCG hadn't cleared the fault codes from the car's ECU and that the problem had never been with the coils but with another component, the name of which escapes me. He said that replacing the coils was unnecessary and that replacing the other component would have resolved the issue. I am not suggesting that MCG didn't replace the old coils with new on the first visit; I'm suggesting that they didn't need replacing. As such, for 300, they didn't identify and remedy the fault.

In conclusion, I spent 300 for work that didn't need doing and then, on the second occasion (having given them the benefit of the doubt), was messed about like you wouldn't believe.

Whilst others may well have had good experiences with MCG - and have been taken in with the "It should have cost you X, but we'll charge you Y" - I don't dismiss the posts from the new members. Yes, I would ordinarily take them with a pinch of salt, but that's not to say that I would dismiss their views out of hand.

Finally, just to add some real balance, if MCG is so good, why - on the face of it at least - does its director, Nicholas Hart, feel the need to place "moody" reviews on Google - see here.Always on the assumption that it was placed by the real Mr Hart, is this not a blatant case of astroturfing?
Zoe
Tuesday 8 April 2014 8.18pm
I think people are being overly harsh in questioning the motives on these contributions. It might not be my experience of the garage but I respect other people's views when it is genuinely shared. No business can be all good all the time.

It does show that astro-turfers make us suspicious of everyone and why site moderators have to be on the lookout for them.

Just to add, I believe Millenium are part of a number of motor industry bodies, so people who have had a difficult experience might want to make use of this. You can also claim on your credit card if it cost more than 100, as they are jointly liable.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: