Millenium City Garage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Tuesday 8 April 2014 8.42pm
Zoe wrote:
I think people are being overly harsh in questioning the motives on these contributions. It might not be my experience of the garage but I respect other people's views when it is genuinely shared. No business can be all good all the time

I'd agree. It was that questioning which led me to share my story.

On the subject of questioning, what about the fact that the director/owner of MCG is able to write gushing reviews about his own business, as per the link in my earlier post of today? If we're so quick to question the motives of the new members, what do we say about that? Any potential customer would be having the wool pulled over their eyes before they even got to the garage!

I don't have an axe to grind re my "experience" with MCG and indeed I was reluctant to share it, but I felt it was worth sharing on the basis that anyone looking for MCG on here can take into account that whilst there are many happy customers - fact - there are equally some who weren't entirely happy with the service they received. They can then make an informed decision.

However, I hope that Dennis isn't deterred from contributing to the forum. Reference to "RAC regulations" doesn't make the man a liar. Why should he not expect an Audi standard of service/quality? Since 2004 or even earlier, legislation was passed allowing independent garages, such as MCG, to be on an equal footing - they're even allowed to stamp the service book of a brand new vehicle.

I prefer to say positive things about local businesses rather than negative things and so I'll say no more about my experience.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 11.23pm
Hi Gavin - I for one appreciate your post, and agree that it's disappointing that those that dare question the general consensus are treated as if they are liars.

As Zoe points out, no business is going to be perfect all the time. I remember posting something negative here about an electrician that is routinely recommended on this forum. It was nothing personal but I did want to point out that some tradesmen aren't as amazing as they are made out to be. It's therefore important to always tread with caution (and an element of good faith!).
Tuesday 8 April 2014 11.53pm
As a poster let me say that Millenium may not be perfect but they are better than most.

The Gavins seem to have genuine problems so beware, but do not walk away
Wednesday 30 April 2014 3.00pm
hi guys my aim here was not to bad mouth or lie, simply to let other people know that the past experiences with them have been disappointing and left me out of pocket.
yes I could of used the Audi garage but I was actually trying to support a local business and was assured that the works carried out would be up to the standard required by the dealer.
in all of this I have been left out of pocket for something that was beyond my control. If you think that is ok and I should suck it up then that's your opinion which you are entitled to.
Wednesday 30 April 2014 3.00pm
hi guys my aim here was not to bad mouth or lie, simply to let other people know that the past experiences with them have been disappointing and left me out of pocket. yes I could of used the Audi garage but I was actually trying to support a local business and was assured that the works carried out would be up to the standard required by the dealer.
in all of this I have been left out of pocket for something that was beyond my control. If you think that is ok and I should suck it up then that's your opinion which you are entitled to.
Monday 23 January 2017 7.34pm
I never write reviews; although on this occasion I had too, due to this being the worst service I have ever received.

He was very nice and friendly on the phone and can talk extensively about cars (admittedly I know very little). The windscreen wiper had stopped working on my car after I drove it from my mum’s house at the start of December. I took it into a garage a week later, it wasn’t a major job but I was worried I wouldn’t be able to drive if it rained.

I arrived on time however I had to stand outside waiting for 15-20 minutes to be served; funny enough there wasn’t record of my booking. After a few days of not hearing anything I was told a part needed to be ordered in. After a week from when I bought the car in I called again for an update – I was told that he was having difficulties ordering the part, even though this wasn’t indicated when I bought the car in to be fixed. I told Nicholas that I needed the car to drive home for Christmas. After a few more days again no calls received I went to the garage and asked exactly what exactly was the issue. The linkage was broken and a new one was needed, I was told they will find a replacement part before Christmas. That weekend concerned that the car wouldn’t be fixed in time, I looked on the internet and found the replacement part from ranging from £39-120. When I phoned on Monday to tell him I was able to find the parts online he quickly defensive and told me the business didn’t have the time to search out parts as I had done!

A couple of days before I had to leave I had enough and stupidly I phoned Nicholas (3-4 times as no one answered, and when someone did they would pass the message onto to him) and I told him if it wasn’t fixed I wanted the car back. Somehow that afternoon they were able to fix the car but not as agreed, they had made a temporary fix!!! They added a washer and a nut so the existing linkage would push the windscreen wiper, and for the privilege they charged me £123.07 (parts £3.56, labour £99). I snapped and told him that he had made unauthorised repairs, as he work quoted was for a replacement linkage and a permanent fix.

After half an hour arguing with pictures being drawn (as I clearly didn’t understand), finally being shown the completed work. I got nowhere, I was very tempted to leave the car and say I would call the police as this was daylight robbery – however I had no choice, I needed the car for Christmas. Also the cheeky sod told me that my brake fluid needs changing, I had no reverse light and the oil is low – all of it was completely untrue. He actual got angry with me when I told him that he was not to do anything more to the car, I was more than happy to fix it myself. He had the audacity to tell I was irresponsible and a danger to others!

The owner is the most disorganised, patronising and condescending person I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. I will never be going back; and funny enough the temporary fix lasted in all about a month!
Tuesday 24 January 2017 7.22pm
Last Thursday I went to MCG to inform Nick that the oil leak which he claimed he fixed last March had come back after spending several hundred pounds on the repair. When I arrived at the office, Nick was on the phone so to be polite I decided to stand outside until he was finished. He looked up from his call but didn't even acknowledge that I was there and continued with his call. I realised from the banter that I could overhear that it wasn't a business call but he was gossiping with a mate. He kept me waiting for nearly 15 munutes in the freezing cold without so much as a "be with you in a minute". Not the first time that I've been kept waiting, on one occasion for an hour and ten minutes after Nick calling to tell me the car was ready. Never again. I'm going to bite the bullet this time and take it to the main dealer and get it fixed properly whatever the cost.
Wednesday 1 February 2017 10.00am
You will find that a reputable dealer will most likely be cheaper, and be more customer focused.
Thursday 2 February 2017 2.48pm
hedge2004 wrote:
You will find that a reputable dealer will most likely be cheaper, and be more customer focused.

You've had your say above, leave it there.
Thursday 2 February 2017 6.13pm
I appreciate that I am a long term follower but seldom poster to this forum so I am sure that the usual suspects on this forum will probably cry foul play following my post.

My main grief is the countless number of illegally parked cars associated with the garage day in day out lining Kings Bench Street (often left with a note in the window stating that they have broken down) despite them being parked there by garage staff. There are also a number of cars in a partially dismantled state that have been parked outside Newspaper House which haven’t been moved for a number of months.

I used to pay for a residents parking permit allowing me to park my car in the residents bays on King Bench Street which I was able to do without issue, however since the garage has relocated I was rarely able to locate a free space at any time of the day. Now this wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if the vehicles that were parked in the bays were displaying valid residents or visitor permits, however they never are! I have also regularly witnessed parking wardens being verbally abused by staff from the garage when they attempt to ticket these vehicles.

This is exacerbated further when regularly before 0800 when the garage opens there is a steam of cars with engines running (and often sounding horns) blocking what is a relatively quiet road waiting for the garage to open, only for them to be left parked illegally in the street shortly after their owners have departed. And I won’t even mention the filth that is regularly hosed out of the premises into the drains in the street outside our front door and the dismissive behaviour of the manager when you highlight these issues to him!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: