English Bull Terrier found on The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Saturday 7 March 2009 3.59pm
Hi everyone,

An English Bull Terrier was found earlier on The Cut. He was still a puppy, maybe a year and half old, brown and white, with a distinctive white mark on his back. Southwark picked him up and have taken him to Battersea. Sadly he wasn't chipped, and wouldn't sit or respond to other common commands, and was really strong (as I discovered while sitting outside with him for two hours waiting for Southwark!!).

I have put photos on flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/22385421@N06/

Hopefully someone lost him, rather than abandoned him, as he was really affectionate.
Sunday 8 March 2009 9.12am
Either way, he won't be in Battersea for long. Were you tempted to keep him? I know I would have been.
Zoe
Sunday 8 March 2009 12.22pm
He was gorgeous, but he wasn't well behaved, you forget how hard it is to have a puppy, but they take a lot of work. He was really stubborn, and amazingly strong for a dog that's still a puppy!

He barked whenever we stopped paying attention to him, and dragged us about the estate, he always wanted to be where he wasn't. He also chased his tail several times, which was very cute. He was really affectionate, and stared at us through the bars of the council van wagging his tail and looking lovingly at us, so yeah, I did want to keep him a bit!

However, my dogs were barking all the time I was ouside with him, I don't think they wanted another dog :-)
Sunday 8 March 2009 2.29pm
They are renowned for stubbornness but they're very intelligent and loyal. They're my favourite dog and I'll definitely get one the day I get a garden. I would have thought his owners would have contacted Battersea before he even got there.
Love the pics btw
Zoe
Tuesday 10 March 2009 1.16pm
Battersea have told me that his owner picked him up on Monday, so it's a happy ending!

He came from very local to us, so if he'd had a tag, or even been chipped, we could have taken him back straight away. Hopefully fellow dog owners will make sure their dogs have a tag :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: