What's happened to Fusebox Kitchen?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 12 March 2009 9.17am
Fusebox Kitchen has been closed for two weeks now,I'm partial to its wedneday menu.I asked their neighbour who said they had a flood,but I have seen no sign of work in progress,their city branch has been closed since the 20th feb..
Thursday 12 March 2009 9.33am
I'd like to know the answer to this as well - another Wednesday menu fan here (not the belly pork by any chance?)

Their website is still up (www.fuseboxfoods.com) but there's no mention of either branch being closed, and the menu (normally updated daily) is still showing Friday 20th February.
Thursday 12 March 2009 9.41am
Guilty as charged,the city branch most probably is served by the SE1 branch..I was wondering whether a rent increase had happened,I really am hoping that it is a flood and they will be up and running again,but there is no sign saying closed for any reason.
Thursday 12 March 2009 2.31pm
The belly pork was delish........mmmmmmmmmm

The city one has benn closed for a while now with a sign referring to a flood....I presumed here rather than at the Borough Market outlet.

What a shame if anything more "sinister" has happened, and more to the point I have filled my loyalty card again and have a free meal waiting for me if they ever re-open.
Thursday 12 March 2009 8.03pm
I think they have gone for good. My office is above the City branch, no plumbers ever, so I think they have given up the ghost.

Pity, some of their stuff was brilliant.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 7.19am
This place has now been closed for a month,thats four wednesdays without belly of pork .I notice that even their website is now offline as well.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 11.06am
I shall go into culinary mourning......argggg
Tuesday 31 March 2009 1.48pm
This would seem to be the explanation:
http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/59015/notices/770981/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 1 April 2009 10.31am
It's a shame as I was a big fan of the pork belly too on a Weds. It's the reason I developed a fatty layer - that and lazyness!!!

I wonder if they would be so kind to post a recipe on this sight for us?!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: