Stabbing in Chaucer Drive

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 March 2009 11.05pm
Sometime this evening, roughly 9pm, there was a stabbing in Chaucer Drive.

The whole street is cordoned off, a person has been taken to hospital with serious injuries.

The police are going round all the houses asking if anyone saw anything. Some people are not being allowed into or out of their houses.

Related news & features

Sunday 15 March 2009 1.58am
How terrible. I hope the person will be ok.
gdb
Sunday 15 March 2009 8.29am
The police and medical team were focused on a house in Oxley Close, and a police photographer worked on a good stretch of Oxley Close late last night. If it was a street stabbing (was it a stabbing?) did it begin at Chaucer Drive which is separated from Oxley Close by bollards?
Sunday 15 March 2009 9.22am
my information was from the wife who took the rubbish out last night, and when she came back, she said that she'd been speaking to a policeman, who'd said there'd been a stabbing. Then when the policeman came round asking questions, we asked where it had happened, and he said that, they were unsure as to where the incident had actually taken place.
We were in watching tv all night, but saw and heard nothing.

police tape in Chaucer Drive has all gone now.
Sunday 15 March 2009 10.13am
JonR wrote:
Then when the policeman came round asking questions, we asked where it had happened, and he said that, they were unsure as to where the incident had actually taken place.

The police came to my flat after Gloria Burgos's murder to ask whether I'd seen or heard anything, but they were very canny about giving out any information, so it may be that they just didn't want to say.
gdb
Sunday 15 March 2009 1.24pm
A few minutes ago someone with a video camera was filming the route from 39 Oxley Close (where the police were putting their attention last night) to the path at the end of Chaucer Drive leading to the Mandela Way pedestrian light for the Old Kent Road Tesco.
Sunday 15 March 2009 1.36pm
A number of deaths this weekend
Sunday 15 March 2009 2.51pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3790

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: