Bermondsey Square Hotel area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9
Sunday 15 March 2009 2.46pm
anybody in the know about the so called 'members bar'?at the b sq hotel
they are currently advertising a deli and wineshop too..
also looks like the spot next to the cinema bar.. will be a turkish restaurant.
good developments..
if they spruce up the square ..it might be even nice outside in the summer
Sunday 15 March 2009 2.54pm
The Bermondsey Square Hotel's restaurant is called Alfie's Kitchen

The place next to the cinema is Del'Aziz who already have an SE1 branch in Canvey Street.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 17 March 2009 1.40pm
Alfies Kitchen looks great - anyone got any idea when it is opening?
Tuesday 17 March 2009 2.29pm
Bermondsey Square Hotel and Alfie's opening 14th April (day after Easter Monday) according to the flier I'm looking at.

If you are going to try Alfie's anyway, you might want to follow the flier, which advertises a 2-4-1 voucher for Meals at Alfie's if you text TREAT to 82100.

No connection
Thursday 19 March 2009 1.34pm
Thank you - look forward to it opening & also to my half price meal!!
Friday 20 March 2009 7.00pm
The cinema bar looks like it's going to be nice, Alfie's too, in fact, but after looking at the sample menu I think we'll all be needing our 2 for 1 flyers, it looks a little expensive for what it is. Although I suppose hotel restaurants are never that reasonable in price.
Thursday 2 April 2009 6.27am
The ground floor of the Bermondsey Square Hotel seems to be almost ready. But every time I walk past it, I can't help but feel that the interior decor is... well, a bit crap really. A bit like a Travelodge trying to do bling. Disappointing.
Thursday 2 April 2009 7.48pm
i thought that too.. it loks a little disapointing
especially as its not cheap
maybe different with a crowd in
Friday 10 April 2009 2.22pm
Is it just me or is the hotel ground floor fit-out looking worse by the minute? Cluttered, dated and a tad depressing? Dodgy, already-knocked-about plant boxes outside.The menu looks over-priced too. Really hope I'll be eating my words in the future. Maybe I'm just not getting it....
Friday 10 April 2009 10.35pm
By coincidence, I am going for my 2:1 on Tuesday - their opening night :p Didn't know until I'd made the reservation and then looked at the website.

I agree it does look rather dark but, hopefully, they have a dimmer! I also noticed only 1 table for 2... I hope I'm not on the stools....

I'll report back :)
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 1 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: