Night-time noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 15 March 2009 2.51pm
seems like some kids have taken to socilising in the alley behind our flats.. and have been woken up twice this week..at about 1pm..
any ideas how to handle it.. i am on the 4th floor so other flats closer must be disturbed..
its a nuisance. but it wouldnt really warrant ringing the police.. we have had our bikes nicked a few times from a doorway in that are..so ther have been incidents..any idea how to handel it.. if i yell out from the window.. no doubt they wll just come back to aggrivate me...
Sunday 15 March 2009 4.56pm
I find most kids/teens tend to respond really well to polite requests. Sorry if these don't.
Sunday 15 March 2009 9.17pm
I think the problem is that at 1 am (I'm figuring 1 pm was a typo) you can't very well get dressed and go out and remonstrate. Maybe take a photo of them on your phone so that you know them the next time you see them and you can then have a word?
Monday 16 March 2009 10.29am
Boomshake

I've used Southwark Noise Team before and it's worked for me. Don't try and deal with the problem yourself - it'll only add to the stress. Call them on 020 7525 5777 (24 hours) when you need to.
Monday 16 March 2009 12.57pm
No need to call the Police, just look on the MPS website and send a message to your Safer Neighbourhoods Team.

I don't think there's much merit in taking pictures on phones, they're of minimal evidential use and it might be considered confrontational.

If this is a regular problem, you should keep a diary.
Monday 16 March 2009 11.53pm
Earplugs and be grateful you don't have to get up to move your car to safety in case they start "larkin about" on it.
Tuesday 17 March 2009 7.45pm
great the noise team sound about.. it
do they send an officer/spo out?/?
Tuesday 17 March 2009 9.12pm
Wanna try that in english, Boomy?
Tuesday 17 March 2009 11.59pm
One bad idea that should never be put to the test might be a very powerful but discrete water pistol filled with quite cold water, squirted into the alley at around 1am. If one were to take careful aim, the youth wouldn't see which window it emerges from, but they might not come back. Water pistols can be bought for about a tenner on ebay.

This is a very bad idea, presumably because if one were actually to hit somebody, it could be construed as battery! However, I still think it might be effective!
Wednesday 18 March 2009 7.52pm
I loved the sponsored adverts attached to this post-they've come up with some helpful suggestions ! I have to own up to anonymously throwing a mug of cold water from a height over a junky who was often injecting himself in front of my block of flats.He never did make a return visit.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: