Southwark Parking reaches new depths

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 27 January 2004 8.55am
I have a car....

I have a parking permit...

I display parking permit...

I park in the residents parking area....

Therefore can you imagine the comments I uttered this morning when I had a parking ticket for parking in the residents parking area on Prioress Street outside of the Tabard centre...

Are Southwark offering a big screen incentive to wardens or are they just hiring total dimwits who can't even read.

I know have to spend time I haven't got to sort out this screw up.

Any advice?

Cheers

David
Tuesday 27 January 2004 2.15pm
I've had this twice in the last year, my car's there every day, hardly ever moves, taxed, permit, parked within the lines in the Resident's Zone..I don't understand it. Both times I've waited for the PCN and disputed - both times I got the standard acknowledgement letter and for each 'offence' I've not heard any more. I did enquire about the first one, about 8 mnths after the issue date and apparently my appeal was still pending....it's still a hassle though.
Tuesday 27 January 2004 2.19pm
Parking wardens are stupid idiots with little education. If they were educated, they would be doing something else.

I mean, who else would slap a parking ticket on a hearse containing full coffin bound for the crem?

I rest my case
Tuesday 27 January 2004 2.53pm
If I'm going to get ticketed for parking legally - why bother?
Tuesday 27 January 2004 4.15pm
What annoys me is that they have very littlenouse - they aren't able to think for themselves, so if in doubt , issue a ticket as opposed to if in doubt, let it go.

They are such jobsworths and never use their discretion.
Tuesday 27 January 2004 4.47pm
I remember hearing Johnny Vaughan say he once went away for a week, and he came back to his car (in a permit holders space) with several tickets on it.

His permit hadn't fallen off the dash, but was clearly visible as it lay on the car seat.

Speaks volumes...
Tuesday 27 January 2004 4.51pm
I think they just do it as some people think it's less hassle to just pay the bloody thing..
Tuesday 27 January 2004 6.13pm
Someone I met the other day had their windscreen (and hence permit!) stolen from their car. The car had been parked in a residents bay near their house, displaying their residents permit, as it had done for the past 5 years.

The very same day, the warden doing the rounds gave them a parking ticket, which (s)he left on the dashboard - for not displaying a permit in the correct place! !

I'd call that either utter stupidity on the part of the wardens, or malicious ticketing! Either way, what a waste of everyone's time and money, as the appeal continues...!!!
Wednesday 28 January 2004 8.40am
Guess what,

Returned home last night to another ticket and a note from the warden...

"You is parking in a pay and display spot, residents parking is the next 2 spaces up"

Not signed, marked or in any way advised... looking at it I believe what Southwark have done is to take down a residents parking sign by the pay and display machine as residents were using all the spaces thus negating the pay and display machine cost - they then haven't communicated or marked this change in any way....

Either that or the warden has decided in his infinite knowledge that he will decide which spaces of the 8 available are pay and display and which are residents - judge and jury?

pay your 48 quid now and don't complain or complain and risk paying double if a non independent arbitrator decides you are wrong....

And they want to gives these people power to hand out motoring offences too - worrying stuff!
Wednesday 28 January 2004 10.23am
"you is parking..."

Was your traffic warden related to mapmaker's TV license man, and (I can't remember which charming and tolerant soul it was who recently claimed that) the people in the Parking Shop [who] couldn't speak English?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: