Low-flying chopper, my dear Watson

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 15 March 2009 11.40pm
Snaps of the helicopter filming Tower Bridge for Guy Ritchie's 'Sherlock Holmes'. I believe they'll morph the scene into the bridge under construction + 19c warehouses.

Notice the engine heat refracting the light behind the rotor in front of the Gherkin. Not bad with an 85mm lense from the south bank.

Related news & features

Monday 16 March 2009 7.07am
Nice shot of me running through the 'scene' at the end of the clip in that link:)
Monday 16 March 2009 9.44am
markadams99 wrote:
I believe they'll morph the scene into the bridge under construction + 19c warehouses
I think they'll be compositing rather than morphing (I think I'm going to be annoying people today...) Nice pics!
Tolstoy, have you got leg-warmers on?
Monday 16 March 2009 10.19am
I wondered what the noise was - hope the scenes turn out OK.

Nice pics btw.

Monday 16 March 2009 10.40am
Looking at the linked story, the mythical James Hatts or one his minions, must have been right there too. I wish I'd thought to snap him at work with the helicopter in his sights, but I was watching this Grebe hunting in cormorant territory:
Monday 16 March 2009 5.34pm
Someone's posted a video shot from the north bank:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 March 2009 5.54pm
'Tolstoy, have you got leg-warmers on?'

Looks like it doesn't it. No, they're long shorts, which I guess is a contradiction in terms, however...
Monday 16 March 2009 7.50pm
Sad to see a non Uk actor playing the lead especially when you remember the performances of Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett,though Downey Jnr is a good choice and a good actor.Jude Law on the other hand is no Nigel Bruce and his acting never fails to dissapoint.
Monday 16 March 2009 7.56pm
Nice pics Mark!

Anyone wondering what the white round thing attached to the front of the helicopter - it's gyro stabilized camera - you can read about it here and here and here.
Monday 16 March 2009 9.22pm
Mark

This isn't going to sound right but are you sure it isn't a shag? they have crests and white around their throats.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/shag_300_tcm9-142477.jpg
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: