Cable

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 16 March 2009 4.07pm
Got back from holiday yesterday and was reading Time Out magazine from the week before last, which seemed to be talking about a club called Cable opening on Bermondsey Street in May.... I can't find anything else about this anywhere... Anyone have any info?
Monday 16 March 2009 4.18pm
I originally thought they'd maybe got the Cable Street Studios in the wrong place.

But if you have a quick search on Google it seems to throw-up a club call "Superfreq" that is moving to Cable @ Bermondsey Street. There are links to a MySpace blog but I cant view that at work - it might give you some clues to the location.
Monday 16 March 2009 11.35pm
Is it related to this, perhaps?

http://licensing.southwarksites.com/LicPremisesAppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=828967

If not, does this mean there are TWO more bars opening on Bermondsey Street?
Tuesday 17 March 2009 12.20am
I had assumed that Cable is the trading name for the Smoke Club place (which has its postal address in Crucifix Lane but will have its entrance in the Bermondsey Street tunnel) which got planning permission and a licence last year, but I may be completely wrong.

The Shunt licence application is because they want to present a new theatre production in the old cigar warehouse just north of Delfina

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 17 March 2009 9.42am
James - I think you must be right re the Smoke/Crucifix Lane thing. I re-read the Time Out article yesterday evening and it was talking about how it would be a two-room space in the arches at Bermondsey Street. Truthmonkey is correct too - Superfreq (run by Mr C, obviously) is going to be based there. The Time Out article was focused on clubs generally in SE1 and surrounding areas south of da river, apparently because of cheaper rents and more available space, and also cos people are getting nostalgic for acid house (which of course was nurtured in SE1 over 20 years ago.....).
Sunday 21 June 2009 12.39pm
Has anyone been to the new Cable club in the Bermondsey Street tunnel yet? Apparently it's the venue for the official gay pride party on 4 July.
Sunday 21 June 2009 6.39pm
Some friends were there last night and were impressed. Apparently it is owned by Mr C of Shamen fame. Eezer Goode etc etc.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 2.00pm
As one of the organizers of Pride London, I can confirm it is indeed the venue for our Official After Party. All SE1-ers welcome of course!

It's a pretty nice venue. I'll try and take some pics if we get another look around and post the link here.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 12.35pm
Does this club, like SEOne, scan and retain ID details of its guests?

If so, I won't be darkening its door.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: