The Perspective Building, 100 Westminster Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 16 March 2009 11.01pm
I'm pleased to report that the architectual qualities of the reclad former MI6 tower have finally received the recognition they deserve from one of the country's most perceptive architectural commentators:

Perspective building on The Bad British Architecture blog

*WARNING* there may be naughty words on this link not seen on a respectable bulletin board like this one.
Tuesday 17 March 2009 10.53pm
Having once lived next door to this pile of overpriced, overserviced and overconcierged tower of sh*te, I wholeheartedly agree. An 'exclusive' penthouse at 4m, despite there being three others and four 'sub-penthouses' but hey Kevin Spacey lives here so it can't be all bad ;0).
Wednesday 18 March 2009 11.34am
we nearly bought a 2 bed flat in the 'shared ownership' section, right next to the station (out of sight in the picture, to the left), but the mortgage was 120k on only 45% of the property, back in early 2002, and there was rent on the rest too!

they also used one of the top flats for filming of Trinny and Susanah.
Monday 23 March 2009 8.10pm
i dont know a lot about it but

i sometimes wonder if someone with experience of the maze that is UK planning couldnt

invent a non profit ( - that would pay their salary)
which would stop architecture - especially good green practice - from epically failing quite so often

there always seems to be some flaw in the system that nobody has fixed

just a random thought

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: