Avoid Scooterworks!!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 18 March 2009 11.07pm
The worst customer service I have ever had. They treated my like dirt and wasted my time. They are obviously making too much money! I have not encountered such poor customer service in quite a while. Obviously the recession hasn't affected these people if they treat customers this badly.
Thursday 19 March 2009 7.24am
A little detail might help us make an informed judgement. Great place for a coffee or late drink come Friday/Saturday.
jw
Thursday 19 March 2009 8.12am
Scooterworks were ok with me, if a little slow. Avoid Metropolis at all costs - have taken nearly 3 months to repair my bike for no good reason (been told by other dealers it should take a week at worst)
Thursday 19 March 2009 8.57am
There are some helpful London bikers forums (google: londonbikers; the london biker), where you'll find plenty of people with views on which places are good for bike services.

FWIW, I've had good service from London Scooters (I think they're called) in the arches almost opposite Suchard. As has Mrs I.

Mrs I swears by Metropolis for servicing. I wouldn't touch them with a big stick. And I'm perfectly happy to take my scoot to Agius' on the Edgware Rd, whereas she doesn't like them at all.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 19 March 2009 10.24am
4yrs ago I was spoken to like a child for daring to bring them a Vespa that wasn't very glam - an LX100. This is a more angular and plastic version of the PX100 and I needed a big repair.

They said things like "you know in italy they call it the 'cosa' - "the thing"". Basically disinterested and almost cross with me for wasting their time on such a thing. Hilarious in hindsight, I guess, to get a prissy attitude from an under the arches grease monkey.

I no longer use a scooter as by all accounts they're noisy, uncomfortable and the roads are hardly smooth.
Thursday 19 March 2009 10.49am
Colinio wrote:
I no longer use a scooter as by all accounts they're noisy, uncomfortable and the roads are hardly smooth.

???? don't understand that

Thursday 19 March 2009 11.27am
Why not ditch the scooter and start cycling, arent scooters supposed to be for Italian teenagers?. You will get fitter on yer bike and have more places to lock it up.
Thursday 19 March 2009 12.17pm
Why not enrol at a seminary? Isn't typing for secretaries, and won't the instruction bring one's preaching on in leaps and bounds ;0)

jw
Thursday 19 March 2009 6.39pm
I would seriously avoid Metropolis after my experience. They have basically admitted to just fobbing me off with "the parts are on order but not due for ANOTHER 5-10 days"

4 other workshops I have spoken to, and Piaggio themselves have confirmed that at worst case this should only take a week.

It's been 3 months!!

AVOID!!!

Scootech have always been great I find.
Monday 23 March 2009 10.11am
Scooterworks make a great Italian style thick hot chocolate, but they do have two cats often walking around the food/drink prep counters and they sometimes rub up against the exposed pastries! Is that legal?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: