Alcoholic Anon Meeting in Southwark Cathedral Chambers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 19 March 2009 1.02pm
i was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who would benefit from an AA meeting at Southwark Cathedral - all the other SE1 meeting locations are not over conveinant nor frequent? Peraps could we all rally together and start one? I know they are holding AlAnon there on Sat mornings now so the ground work is done, we just need a support group to start the meeting?
Friday 20 March 2009 12.40pm
There is (and has been for a long time) an AA group which meets at St Mary Magdalen Church in Bermondsey Street every week on Tuesday evenings. Not all that far from the Cathedral!
Friday 20 March 2009 1.12pm
thanks i knew about this, but need more than one a week...
many thanks.
Monday 23 March 2009 11.47am
There used to be one on the corner of Decima Street, every Monday - but I see the AA emblem is gone [which shouldn't have been permanently exhibited anyway] I found it to be exceedingly unwelcoming and rather like a 'Club'.

Thanks for the info. Just for today......
Monday 23 March 2009 11.48am
And there's always Bermondsey Village Hall as a possible venue.
Monday 23 March 2009 1.53pm
i wonder what happened to the decima street one? that would be ideal location... great to start a new meeting and 'family' i think.. with some support i would love to do it.
Tuesday 24 March 2009 7.58pm
Well after my 60th, in May, I will be right behind you, lol. A strange business this life......
Wednesday 25 March 2009 10.45am
I tend to go to meetings north of the river but would be happy to help out. The Decima street meeting doesn't seem to be listed anymore, I agree it was never the most welcoming.
Thursday 20 June 2013 11.30am
Hi all
I know this thread is old, but I thought I would try
I am looking for a meeting in the Southwark area at Lunchtimes during the week.

I am happy to help start one, of if there is anyone aware of any I can simply attend it would be great.

Thanks folks!
Thursday 20 June 2013 7.50pm
Is there still a meeting place corner of sturgeon street? Or was that just for families...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: