Penton Place

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 8.26am
I am hoping to find a photo of Penton Place where my gggrandparents and some of their 14 chn lived 1860-65. The address was 16 Penton Place Pentonville and some of the chn were buried at Victoria Park cemetery. I also live in Australia like Margaret who was searching for similar information. Need to find the info online. Can anyone help please? Stephanie.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 12.15pm
There is a Penton Place in south london love, but pentonville is over near kings cross, different area completely. try islington or camden archives ( borough of etc.)
Wednesday 25 March 2009 12.47pm
Victoria Park Cemetery is now Meath Gardens beside Roman Road in the borough of Tower Hamlets on the north of the river.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 10.16pm
Thanks for the replies: I have records of burials at Vic. Park cemetery (now Meath Gardens) which state deceased addresses as 16 Penton Place, Parish of Pentonville. Reg District Hackney. I live in Australia so visiting Record offices not an option. Was this area known as Pentonville in 1860's? Thanks.
Thursday 26 March 2009 7.39am
Pentonville was noted in 1788 ..(old bailey online) and on 27th february 1788 a ann johnson living at No. 1 Penton Place near Islington was in court...this may help?
Thursday 26 March 2009 9.13am
And in 1913 at number 16 penton place, one eyes Ada Blackaby - landlady, let a room for 6 shillings and 6 pence a dodgy character...fascinating stuff on this site..
Wednesday 27 July 2011 9.57pm
How scarey is that?! I've just found an ancestor living at 17 Penton Place, Pentonville from at least 1851 to his death in 1866!
The record about the chimney sweep at The Old Bailey in 1843 must refer in part to my Mrs Isabella Whiting!
I'll keep you in mind if I find anything: even though yours was a rather old post so you might have found what you want by now.
Thursday 28 July 2011 12.14am
There is a Penton Street, London N1, and a Penton Rise London WC1, both are off Pentonville Road near Kings Cross.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: