CV preparation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 March 2009 9.51am
having recently taken redundancy from my job, I now need to update my CV. Can anyone recommend a local organisation who can help me do this? Ideally I want to sit face-to-face with a switched on person and discuss my long and varied working careers to create a quality CV.

I've tried online but was not happy - it was like a "cut and paste" job.
Thursday 26 March 2009 2.32pm
Southwark Works in Elephant & Castle shopping centre. It doesn't cost anything and I have heard good things about them from the people that I work with.

They also have info about training courses and job fares in the area too.
Friday 27 March 2009 10.26am
Work Directions may also be able to help, they're based in Elephant and Southwark is one of their Employment Zones. They offer help with CV's, benefit checkups etc.
Tuesday 31 March 2009 7.31pm
I can help - have good successs to date. Am not cheap, amnot expensive. Oxford doctorate in langauge and experience in this field.

Tel: 0845-230-5337
Tuesday 31 March 2009 7.56pm
I never know when these posts are micky takes or not.
But Percy if your post is for real I would be slightly dubious of somebody who can't spell the word
language and uses "Am not cheap, amnot expensive" in a sentence,"I am reasonably priced" or "offer affordable rates" seems slightly more eloquent.
Tuesday 31 March 2009 9.50pm
Sorry, Nigel. I wrote the initial message on a hand-held machine rather quickly.

No offence intended.

All good wishes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: