New Argentine Grill opening soon on Tanner St/TBR - Constancia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tee
Thursday 2 April 2009 6.22pm
Apologies if this has been covered already, but there appears to be an Argentine Grill http://www.constancia.co.uk/ opening soon on the corner of Tower Bridge road and Tanner street - next to the Costcutter.

I thought these would be offices (under the new flats) but it seems it will be a restaurant. I'm partial to a nice steak myself, and it's a stone's throw from me, so i shall be watching closely. I like to support local businesses.

If the owners read this, please give some more information on when you intend to open and the menu. If the steak and wine is good, i shall be a regular.
Sunday 26 April 2009 10.04pm
Dear Tee,

thank you for the interest you showed in Constancia. My name is Sebastian and I am one of the owners of this new restaurant.

We will let you and everybody know as soon as we are certain about the opening day, but it should not take us long.

The steaks and wines will be more than good, so we hope we will see you a lot!

Many thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Sebastian
Monday 27 April 2009 10.07am
The carnivore in me can't wait.....the thought of a nice juicy chargrilled steak.....mmmmmm.

And just round the corner to me.....roll-on opening night.
Monday 27 April 2009 12.35pm
Is it grass-fed beef from Argentina?
Monday 27 April 2009 12.54pm
great news but...hopefully a little cheaper than Gaucho??
Monday 27 April 2009 1.55pm
It'd be great if it was grass-fed beef from the UK

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 27 April 2009 2.48pm
I do love the Argentinian steak from Gaucho Grill. However, it does seem crazy that they import the beef all the way from Argentina. This can't be sustainable - think of the air miles involved in this.

Sebastian - are you planning on using British meat? I know that the South Americans like to cut their meat differently (they cut the Sirloin differently from the normal UK cut) but surely you can find a good supplier who will grow, butcher, hang and cut your meat as you require it?
Monday 27 April 2009 4.27pm
Hello Everyone!

Argentinean Beef is available here and in Europe because the demand exceeds the supply. Argentina is basically a primary products exporter, and two of the finest Argentinean products that can be found are beef and wines. In Constancia we will have both. It is also true that there is great meat in the UK and Ireland, and we are considering to also offer this alternative in the future. Argentina also imports many products and services from European companies, and the balance in the trade should be something good for everybody. I don't want to turn this into a long discussion, but I would not mind to do it if we had a glass of Malbec in our hands.

Regarding prices, since we are a small, friendly, local restaurant, they will be more accessible. People are welcome to come just for a glass of wine and some "empanadas" (argentine style pasties), or go all the way and have a "parrillada" (brazier) with two cuts of beef, argentine style sausages, black pudding, and grilled cheese. We have other pleasent surprises in the menu, but you have to wait a little.

I will keep you informed about the opening day.

Many thanks again for your interest!

Kind Regards to all of you
Monday 27 April 2009 10.28pm
Sounds fab - looking forward to sampling your menu.
Tuesday 28 April 2009 8.04am
Having been to Argentina last year I am really looking forward to you opening! It sounds like your vision of good food at reasonable prices should be a winner & will hopefully be popular with locals & tourists. Good luck !
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: