Running machine required

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 2 April 2009 8.33pm
I'm on the lookout for a gym style treadmill for a photoshoot. I know it's a long shot here, but if anyone has one or knows of one available I'd appreciate the information.

Yes, I've asked a number of local gyms and have not received not a single reply from any (I imagine the letter doing the rounds and a good snigger being had), though in truth they would not be best placed to be of use. I need to lift the machine and place it on a pile of flattened cardboard, have a baby buggy sitting on the belt and a reasonable amount of clear space surrounding it to photograph. It is intended to create this in situ for an exhibition next year, in the meantime however I'd like a good image I can print of the proposal to prove its aesthetics. The machine need not work as long as it looks clean, though it will function in the actual piece.

I'd buy one on eBay if I had the cash spare and the space to store it, as they usually sell pretty cheap, virtually unused and therefore look as new, with many a story of new year resolve ending in failure to tell no doubt.
Friday 3 April 2009 11.44am
They come up on Freecycle quite a lot. You can join as many as you like but do it gradually or they get suspicious.
Friday 3 April 2009 1.07pm
There's usually one or two in the Fusion gym at the Elephant that don't work- perhaps you could approach them.
Sunday 5 April 2009 10.34am
Thanks for the suggestions - I had a couple of Freecycle links running awhile back but got a little overwhelmed by the daily lists. Will give it another go as time is pressing now. I will give fusion a buzz Graham, wasn't aware of them. Thanks to you both.

Any other possible leads I'd be grateful to hear of them.
Sunday 5 April 2009 10.54am
You can Edit Membership with Freecycle so you only get Special Notice emails or opt for none at all.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: