Yard Sale

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 April 2009 8.58pm
I'm spring cleaning the house and have a stack of clothes (including a wedding dress and designer stuff), furniture, books and other household goods I want to sell but don't want to use eBay because of the hassle and more to the point, no one's buying on there anymore.

Would anyone be up for taking part in a Yard Sale? I'm thinking ideally holding it in Bermondsey Square one Saturday morning this summer.

I could also organise a rather good band to play for free and hopefully Shortwave/Alfie's could be tempted to set up stalls with food & drink as well.

I'll organise it all with the relevant authorities but just trying to get a gauge for numbers right now. If you're interested, if you could let me know by PM if you'd be up for it that would be super.
Monday 6 April 2009 12.44pm
love this idea and think i've been sucessful in PM-ing you a full message, (and a blank one unfortunately) but please let me know, and we can do contact details and so on.
Monday 6 April 2009 5.05pm
I would be interested but I would need to know the date as I have two holidays planned for the summer months.
I make planters, bird boxes etc and sell plants.
Tuesday 7 April 2009 6.23pm
Glad people are up for the idea and thanks for all your PMs!

Progress is being made - I now have a have a name and number for Bermondsey Square so can make a few calls this week to see about cost for a pitch (hopefully none or minimal), availability etc and will post confirmed details in due course. In terms of date, I'm thinking the second Saturday in August, but that could change once I speak to the BS person.

Thank you Mark for volunteering to advertise the event and Lila for designing the leaflets. Consider yourself both volunteered!

We'll also need more volunteers to advertise the event, do photocopying, etc

Please also spread the word amongst friends and neighbours to set up a stall - the more stalls the bigger the success I think!
Monday 27 April 2009 1.08pm
Hi there, any progress on the Yard Sale? any dates etc?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: