Disused petrol Station on Grange Road & "The Grange" public

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 29 January 2004 1.18pm
I'm a new resident to SE1, recently moved to Grange Road after the Sloanification of Clapham became too much to bear.

Seems to be a few new developments on Grange Road.. the site opposite Alaska and the Final Furlong. Anybody know what kind of bar/restaurants will be beneath the flats there? Also the disused petrol station further down towards Tower Bridge Road seems ripe for the picking - anyone know anything about that?

Finally, "The Grange" is my new local.. anyone drink there regularly? Any good?
Thursday 29 January 2004 2.30pm
Petrol station closed about 18 months ago - about the same time as the other petrol station... which is now purple & red hoarding with a block of flats under construction behind it.

Looks as though the bomb site next to those new flats (to the NW)is about to turn into something - it's a separate site, one was acquired by Foxtons, the other by Savilles - I think.
Monday 2 February 2004 8.43am
The planning notices at the large site on the north of Grange Road said there would be a restaurant and shop/offices below the flats. But I've seen nothing about the plans for the Final Furlong site on the corner of The Grange. I would be interested to know the plans.
Monday 2 February 2004 9.27am
and so the "Sloanification" of SE1 continues.........
Monday 2 February 2004 9.38am
LOL Harry. (If only it was a joke)

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 2 February 2004 1.44pm
And long may the Sloanification continue.

More (?) seriously, went past The Grange road development again. The restaurant is in the development advertised by the savilles board as being 'to let'. So no idea what its going to be, and it's likeliy to be some years before it opens.
Monday 2 February 2004 1.55pm
Difficult to tell who's joking and who isn't on here sometimes.
Monday 2 February 2004 2.03pm
HA HA!
Monday 2 February 2004 2.25pm
smart-arse!
Monday 2 February 2004 4.16pm
Hooray. Time for me to prove I'm not mapmaker.

Down with the property speculators and capuccino monkeys. Turn the Bricklayers Arms in to a dog track with hot and cold running jellied eels. Exclusion zone round SE1 for all men with floppy fringes and square jaws, etc.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: