Budgie breeder in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 8 April 2009 12.05pm
I'm thinking of getting a couple of pet birds. I don't suppose anyone knows of a budgie breeder living in SE1?
Wednesday 8 April 2009 5.59pm
Not to my knowledge.
Apparently there is a shope in Greenwich that sells budgies and I found some in Ken High St.
I happaned to find a budgie in my garden (SE15 - probably on its way to SE1) last summer and I now I want to buy it a friend.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 7.10pm
Have you considered some from a rescue centre? They do turn up there. You could try RSPCA.
I wouldn't ever get any animal from a pet shop. I know lots of great pets have been bought from them but its not worth the risk and supporting the trade. A responsible breeder would never sell through one because they need to be able to contact the owner later to make sure they're not breeding genetic problems in health or temperament. The Budgie Breeders Directory may help.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 9.01pm
Thank you very much for those suggestions. Thinking about it I would actually prefer to adopt a bird that needs a new home. I'll give the RSCPA a call.

Though if anyone out there knows of a bird that needs to be rehomed I'd be glad to hear from you...
Wednesday 8 April 2009 9.49pm
CMorr wrote:
Thinking about it I would actually prefer to adopt a bird that needs a new home.

You've made my day! Thank you :)
Wednesday 8 April 2009 9.59pm
Probably a bit far away, but then I've been to Bury for rescue animals. Bangers and Mash are in Hampshire.
Thursday 9 April 2009 2.49pm
CMorr, should you be interested in Bangers and Mash, there is someone who might be able to get them to London for you. I can put you in touch if you'd like me to.
Thursday 9 April 2009 8.45pm
Wow - thanks so much for that, Beetroot. I am interested, so if you could put me in touch that would be great.
Monday 13 April 2009 6.48pm
haven't forgotten, CMorr. I'm waiting for a reply. The woman who's offered help hasn't posted on the site since Thursday so she might only have internet at work or is having a busy weekend.
Wednesday 15 April 2009 11.00am
Goodie goodie
I will try the RSPCA as well. I'd rather not buy from a pet shop - but...... when needs must....
I will never find another in my garden
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: