Hit by a cigarette on Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 12.54pm
Yesterday evening whilst walking past 36 shad thames, someone from the higher floors threw a cigerette down which hit me. No harm done and I doubt intentional, just careless.

I walk down that cobbled street twice a day everyday, and have seen cigerettes thrown out windows on the rare occasion, but normally they do check if there are passers by.

Anyway, rant over and just beware please!
Wednesday 8 April 2009 1.48pm
Lucky you! I was hit by a still half-full yoghurt beaker as I walked in front of Oxo Tower Wharf a few weeks ago. Looked up and saw another beaker chucked out through a balcony door. I informed the security guy and hope he gave them a good dressing-down. It's amazing, really.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 3.39pm
Several months ago I had pebbles or something similar thrown at me from someone hiding in a tower block while I was walking down that bit of Druid Street that turns into Shad Thames. That was definitely intentional.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 4.49pm
I had a yoghurt thrown at me from the top of a block of flats off Long Lane once. It hit me and went all over my trousers. I threw the pot back: it was dark and I couldn't really make out what I was aiming at, but by chance I scored a direct hit - a source of some surprise at both ends! I also, when I was at university, had the unsavoury experience of someone vomiting on me out of a second-floor window. On that occasion there was no reciprocation.
Wednesday 8 April 2009 11.55pm
I got hit by a cyclist while on the side pavement looking into a shop window on Shad Thames.

When my friend grabbed her she explained she didn't want to ride down the middle bit because of the cobbles. When it was pointed out the area was a pedestrian precinct she rode off.

I'm a green person but I'm so tired of abuse and physical damage from cyclists on pavements and riding through red lights.

Sorry to crash the ciggy/yoghurt story which I agree is not at all nice nice.
Thursday 9 April 2009 12.34am
Don't get me started on cyclists abusing the pavements/lights in SE1 and, doubtless, elsewhere....

I was once 'gobbed on', as I believe it is known, from a great height in the King's Road.....but that's not SE1 so I guess it doesn't count...but Chelsea! I mean.... :p
Thursday 9 April 2009 9.50am
Had a condom filled with water dropped on me from the nurses' home tower block on Weston Street...it just missed but expolded on the pavement next to me....I suffred from some splashback and the sight of some rather childish students(?) sniggering leaning out of a window.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: