New restaurant in former Goode Foods shop, 104 Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 9 April 2009 10.17am
A new eatery of some sort is currently being fitted out in the former Goode Foods shop on Tooley Street.

Licensing application here:
http://licensing.southwarksites.com/LicPremisesAppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=829419

The application has been made by TKPC Ltd - which is the firm of The Real Greek founders Theodore Kyriakou and Paloma Campbell.

They were also both involved in the early days of Livebait in Waterloo.

Could be interesting.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 April 2009 5.37pm
Look forward to that - I think Theodore lives in the Alaska Buildings. The first Real Greek in Hoxton was fantastic as was Livebait on The Cut in the early days. He has a knack of starting great restaurants which turn into mini-chains which then get snapped up a big company and totally ruined. Get in early!
Friday 10 April 2009 10.34am
I saw Theodore Kyriakou hanging around Tooley Street outside the shop front last week, must be directly involved. The site is fairly small though, can't imagine it would be much more than a deli?
Friday 10 April 2009 6.36pm
With PwC about to move in next door later in the year, it's a location with a lot of potential.

Fingers crossed for something new and different.

Thursday 16 April 2009 3.40pm
Seems it's going to be a 30-seater restaurant called 'More'.

Thursday 16 April 2009 4.28pm
Well, if it's related to the More Bar & Restaurant in Brighton, then we could be onto a winner!!

Thursday 14 May 2009 9.52am
More will open on Monday 18 May

Thursday 14 May 2009 3.01pm
Looks like everything around there is going to be called "More......" at this rate.

Love the idea of a restaurant called More. Is it modelled on a workhouse? Do they serve gruel?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 14 May 2009 4.57pm
Please, sir...
Saturday 16 May 2009 2.05pm
I was wandering past the new More Restaurant today and poked my head round the door to have a peek. Theodore was there getting things finished up for the grand opening on Monday and kindly gave me bit of sneak preview of the establishment and a draft copy of the menu.

I was quite impressed with the interior - there is a long bar dominating one side of the restaurant with a 30-seater diner style space out the back. They will also open up some of the windows facing onto Tooley St to create a street-side counter for takeaway service.

The menu looks exciting too (no workhouse gruel in sight!). For example breakfast/brunch includes such items as Alitalia marmite sandwich; Boiled egg with gentleman's relish soldiers; Pork sausage sandwich with Parliament sauce; and Grilled kippers with potato & cottage cheese salad.

I wish Theodore and his team the best of success and look forward to making sampling some of the fare soon.

PS - No connections, etc.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network