New to Tooley Street - your help appreciated!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 April 2009 9.48am
Hello,

Ive just moved into SE1 and am living in Devon Mansions on Tooley Street. Very excited to be in the area and wanted some local's kindly assistance on the following:

recommendation for good NHS dentist (if there is one!)
recommendation for doctors surgery
recommendation for a window cleaner (we have three sash windows on the first floor that need cleaning on the outside but there is a basement flat below us)
Anyone looking to sell any unwanted household items..

Thanks very much
Julia
Thursday 16 April 2009 11.30am
Good household items come up on Freecycle all the time.
Thursday 16 April 2009 12.02pm
Try Talbot Dental Clinic on Borough High Street for a dentist.

Try the British Heart Foundation on the Old Kent Road for great prices on second hand furniture and electrical goods.
Thursday 16 April 2009 12.28pm
Welcome to SE1 ! You are (I think) in the catchment area for a great doctors - New Mill St Surgery. I've always found them to be excellent. The problem with Freecycle is that I think your first deal with them has to be to offer something. Once you've done that you can start asking for stuff !
Thursday 16 April 2009 1.24pm
Your first post has to be an offer as opposed to a wanted but you can still reply to offers. I got lots of great things before I posted.
Thursday 16 April 2009 3.22pm
Thursday 16 April 2009 4.23pm
Welcome to SE1 - you are in a great location, so I hope you enjoy your stay.

I can definitely vouch for the New Mill St surgery as a local GP.

In terms of window cleaning (and don't take this the wrong way) but have you tried cleaning them yourselves? I have a place in Devon Mansions and the uPVC window frames that are fitted throughout the blocks have a catch at the top of the sash that allow them to be tilted inwards and cleaned from the inside. You could thus save yourself some on window cleaning fees!

Friday 17 April 2009 12.56pm
thanks nihil - i tried it and it worked! would have had no idea about that iof you hadnt told me. Now just need to get a step ladder...
Friday 17 April 2009 1.13pm
I have used Mill Street Surgery before and (sorry to say) would personally not recommend them. There have been some other threads with NHS recommendations on here before (I'm sure James will be able to help finding them), which you may want to review before deciding which GP to go to.
Friday 17 April 2009 2.46pm
For a doctor's surgery, you could try Parkers Row Family Surgery.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: