Looking for Handyman/Carpenter to Make Shelves

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 10.08am
I have to say that I've read some of the other posts about carpenters and it hasn't helped me decide to call anyone. I'm totally intimidated to call anyone that people suggest because my job is so small. I don't need to have a hardwood floor laid or even floating shelves put up.

I just need someone to build a very simple shelving box for my kitchen. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to stand up. I'd build it myself, but I'm not very good at it and I have no tools.

Any suggestions for someone willing/able to do a really simple job?

Cheers,
Patrick
Wednesday 22 April 2009 3.32pm
Wednesday 22 April 2009 3.36pm
Try Stuart on 07956 470 379
Wednesday 22 April 2009 5.01pm
I used Richard (07931 211 744), who i found recommended on this forum (do a search for him!)

He was very good, did jobs around the house for me - from light fixtures, garden light, kitchen cabinet, boxed in areas around bathroom and installed my bath.

My sister has used him just to put up some curtains too, he is very good and reliable.

He will not charge you an arm and a leg, just what you want done... a good man to know & he is local.
Wednesday 29 April 2009 3.18pm
Thanks all for the suggestions!
Tuesday 5 May 2009 6.47am
Does any one know how much it would be to put up two curtain tracks? bit reluctant to wobble on a ladder nowdays, one thing holding a curtain..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: