Cheap Cafe/Greasy Spoon 5 mins from Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 22 April 2009 1.13pm
Hi there. I wondered if anyone knew of a cheap Cafe/Greasy Spoon within about 5 mins walk from Tooley Street or any other inexpensive food places in the area? I've seen a couple on the Food/Drink pages but they're both quite limited and I'm sure there must be more.

Thanks!
Wednesday 22 April 2009 1.31pm
How about The Cat & Cucumber at the corner of Tower Bridge Road and Druid Street?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 2.58pm
Thanks James! Anyone else... anywhere else?
Wednesday 22 April 2009 3.09pm
Second that vote for the C&C. Good value, nice staff, 'caff food' done well.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 3.28pm
The cat & cucumber offer a decent veggie/vegan dish - the falafel option.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 3.30pm
Maria's in Borough Market.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 4.42pm
Al's Cafe on Bermondsey Street for breakfast/lunch. 4.50 for a huge breakfast, including tea.
Wednesday 22 April 2009 8.19pm
longlaner wrote:
Maria's in Borough Market.
trading on links with Borough Market and well past its sell by date...imo.
Thursday 23 April 2009 10.13am
If you wander along to Shad Thames, there is a decent cafe / sandwich bar called Shades Piazza Sandwich Bar tucked in behind the Starbucks on the eastern side of Tower Bridge. They do a good range of food and outdoor seating. The only downside is they are not open on the weekends.

Thursday 23 April 2009 10.15am
I think Maria's is OK, actually, though a bit rough and ready. Depending on where dronid is based, the Cat and Cucumber could be quite a hike, and if he/she is nearer the London Bridge end Maria's would be an accessible option.

Personally I think the best breakfast locally is at El Vergel, but since Lant St got blocked it's become less accessible, and it's certainly not 5 mins from Tooley St.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: