Dog found - Burgess Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 1 May 2009 7.37pm
Hi All

I just found a lovely youngish well taken care of (5months I would guess puppy/dog) in Burgess Park. No Collar, and no one around.

If you are missing your dog please email me and describe and I hope to reunited you with your dog.

I will also contact Battersea should it be reported in there.

Cheers

Chloe
Zoe
Friday 1 May 2009 8.33pm
Hi Chloe,

If you ring Southwark on 7525 2000 they'll pick him up and take him to Battersea.
Saturday 2 May 2009 8.29pm
I dont know if its the same dog but someone was putting up posters at the bus stop outside the park entrance on Camwerwell Road about a week ago....the guy looked distraught....not sure if the dog looks as though it has been homeless for a few days.....from memory think it had white patches on it....
Monday 4 May 2009 5.33pm
There are a few posters around the Walworth road end of Burgess Park reporting a lost Dachsund - could it be that? Also probably worth seeing if the dog's been reported lost on DogLost. Failing that, Battersea can scan him for a microchip and they are often notified about missing dogs.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 6.01am
Really hope this owner and dog are re-united.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 6.11am
It was just before a Bank holiday that I found my dog that I ended up keeping for 18 years! This coconut mat on legs about three months old was so hungry it was eating rubbish outside our flats at 11.30pm, we took it upstairs and cooked a gammon rasher for it, she nearly had our hand off putting it on the floor. We took her to the police after putting up notices, the policeman said that often animals get dumped at holiday times.

I said we would keep her till we found her a home..eighteen years later we had to put her to sleep, who ever dumped her lost a great companion who prevented a break in ( while we were in the house!)

I have never seen anyone leap all the garden fences in less than 20 seconds!

I still miss her.

I really hope the little dog is re-united with her family soon.
Tuesday 12 May 2009 7.20am
No luck so far but she is settling in well. No chip on her and I am going to take her back to Battersea on the weekend to see what assistance they can give (although they were not very forthcoming when I reported her).

I am going to do my best to keep her but if anyone knows any good dog walkers in the Southwark Bridge Road area can you PM me?

Cheers

Chloe

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: