Soho Gym Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 May 2009 4.45pm
05/05/2009Hi all,

Thinking of joining the Soho Gym in Borough, especially as I'm a resident of Empire Square. However, another resident I've spoken to feels it is far too pricey and cramped for what it offers and the discount to residents was "very tight". Do others agree? Is it worth 59 a month? Also does it get busy in there? as I'd love a gym that's quiet

Many thanks
Tuesday 5 May 2009 5.56pm
It's a good, well-run gym with friendly staff and new equipment. However, it can get very busy just after work and occasionally at lunchtimes.

If you want to save on the 59 a month, you can pay for a year up-front at 590.

If I lived in Empire Square, I would definitely join for the sheer convenience factor. Having a gym on your doorstep means you're much more likely to go - thereby making the most of your membership and therefore your money.

(No connection etc.)
Tuesday 5 May 2009 8.37pm
as a resident of empire square and a member of soho gyms i can't praise the place enough. having belonged to both 37 degrees and topnotch in the past imho soho gyms are by far the best gym in se1. lovely staff and a friendly atmosphere make it a great place to work out. (and no connection here either other than as a satisfied customer)
Tuesday 5 May 2009 8.55pm
Ive been a member of Soho gyms for more than ten years. Joined at Covent Garden, went to the one at Clapham Common for a couple of years and now alternate between Borough and Waterloo. The staff have always been warm and friendly, Helpful and imformative. Equipment and facilities are clean and up to date. I am lucky I can often work out in the morning when there are few others, like most gyms they can get busy after 5 oclock.
Tuesday 5 May 2009 8.57pm
Compared to all other gyms I saw in the area, in my opinion Soho Gym is by far the best - friendly, clean, and I never had to wait for the machines for cardio or workout. The evening courses can get rather crowded though. Sauna and steam room are usually very quiet.
I managed to negotiate a monthly rate of GBP 50 - maybe you could try as well! (e.g. they offer rates for certain companies, including some banks .... very convenient for bankers who have to cut down on their expenses ;-))
Wednesday 6 May 2009 5.40am
I am also a member and I think they are very good, certainly better than Fitness First. The staff is very friendly and they seem to care. You can also use their freedom tag for some discounts!.
The classes are good but I wish they were more in the evening.
Paying for the whole year will save you 118!
However if you were quoted 59 a month, you are not getting the discount for residents.
Saturday 17 April 2010 1.34pm
Is there any chance of getting an update on how good/bad this gym is? I popped in the other day and it seemed pretty good - spacious and it didn't seem overly crowded. I'm a member at Topnotch, but am getting fed up with it, it's so small and crowded that it's pretty difficult to use any equipment, and it's pretty poorly maintained.

Be great to get a couple of recent opinions - if anyone's been a member at both topnotch and Soho I'd really appreciate a comparison.

Thanks all.
Sunday 18 April 2010 8.46am
I have been a member at Soho Gyms Borough since it opened and love it. Living in Empire Square, the convenience is of course great, but it is a really good gym. Well maintained machines, friendly helpful staff and has everything you need.
You can book in for classes on the internet which is also very handy

It gets busy on weekday evenings around 6pm but that it is to be expected - I would be concerned if it was quiet, as that would indicate problems !

I used to go to TopNotch but it was always unclean and the staff unhelpful.

I highly recommend Soho Gyms (and no connection, just happy to have got fitter over the last couple of years!)
Sunday 18 April 2010 8.52am
I am still very happy with Soho gyms ( I have now been a member for over a year). I would definitely recommend it!
Sunday 18 April 2010 2.25pm
"I used to go to TopNotch but it was always unclean and the staff unhelpful."

Thanks for the opinions chaps. It did look clean and spacious when I poked my head in. I think I'll make the switch and see how it goes. I actually quite liked some of the staff at Topnotch, but I think they've recently been given a 'sell personal training' order, and it's gotten a bit hard sell recently. Not to mention the fact it generally feels a bit lacking in basic cleanliness, and they can't be bothered to properly maintain some of their plumbing.

Thanks again.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: