Meter Reading

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 3 February 2004 2.24pm
Yesterday someone dropped a business card from a company called ECS Metering and Data Services through our door. On the card was a scribbled name and a sentence to the effects of "If no contact we will get warrant for entry" (not sure if this guy is from the same charm school as mapmaker's tv licensing guy).

I was a little surprised as a) we have only just recently had a new electricity meter installed, b) no previous correspondence as to what this meter reading entailed, c) a bit annoyed at the implied threat of bashing in my front door for no reason.

My other half rang the number on the card this morning and surprise surprise no such person (as scribbled on the card) worked for the company and they had no record of our property requiring any reading.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up in case this is a new kind of scam.
Wednesday 4 February 2004 1.39pm
Watch out on your bills - I had a gas bill for 1500 - about 4 yrs worth of gas. On the bill, it said that my meter had been read, but nobody had been near the place. When I called them and told them, they made an appointment to send somebody round who came and inspected my meter like I had been tampering with the damned thing. Bloody cheek. That is why I will never ever pay any of these things by direct debit - can you imagine trying to get my money back off these thieving, useless b*******s!

I even get estimated readings on my leccy bill - the meter is OUTSIDE the door!!!!!!!!!

When you complain, they are a)hard to get hold and b)convinced you are on the fiddle or are trying to get out of paying!!!!

Sack them all and start again - that's what I say!!!

by the way - it's the same people who read the meters regardless of who your supplier is!
Thursday 5 February 2004 10.47am
years ago Jenny my brother had a similar situation where his gas meter was outside, fed up he wrote a letter on toilet paper, and told them in no uncertain terms he was not going to do their effing job!..they sent someone around within 48 hours....

jan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: