Weston Street, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 7 May 2009 9.51am
Does anyone know what happened in Weston Street, the tunnel was taped off yet again?!
Thursday 7 May 2009 11.22am
If you mean on Tuesday, then the policeman by the cordon told me that there had been a fight on Monday night and someone was critically ill as a result.

Scotland Yard press bureau couldn't find any record of the incident on their system, and Southwark borough police never return my phone calls or emails.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 7 May 2009 12.35pm
Story now here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3867

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 9 May 2009 8.01am
The excerpt from the news item that particularly intrigued me was, "Weston Street remained closed to traffic for several days after the incident."
24 hours I could understand, 36 at a push, but what forensic evidence could the police expect to find in "several days" that they could not find in 24-36 hours!
The Met is a laughing stock, they probably couldn't find their behinds in the dark using both hands.
Saturday 9 May 2009 8.32am
So now we're complaining about the police trying to do a thorough job? Personally I'd prefer they took whatever steps were felt necessary to solve a crime, if that means having to close a scene for several days then so be it. This isn't CSI.
Saturday 9 May 2009 6.10pm
Tolstoy wrote:
So now we're complaining about the police trying to do a thorough job? Personally I'd prefer they took whatever steps were felt necessary to solve a crime, if that means having to close a scene for several days then so be it. This isn't CSI.

Personally I'm with dj on this one, no doubt Gill Grissom would have been quicker, but even an inch by inch hands and knees search of the tunnel in Weston St. could have been done in 24 hours I should think.
Not finding their behinds in the dark may have been a bit harsh, but let's be fair, The Met hardly have the reputation of being the sharpest tools in the box.
Saturday 9 May 2009 6.47pm
But I assume that Debrajoan and Tom Pepper posting above wouldnt be so quick to speak badly of the Met if they ever had need of them.....do they have any 1st hand experience to justify their negative comments ?
Saturday 9 May 2009 6.57pm
boroughmark
knock off your rose tinted sunglasses - its almost night time
Saturday 9 May 2009 6.59pm
no rose tinted sunglasses - just 1st hand experience!
Saturday 9 May 2009 7.07pm
most people have - it is pretty hard not to - living and working in Central London and all. If you manage to avoid any dealings with the Met good or bad, you are either very lucky or locked in your flat by your pc.

But, have you ever thought that your experience may not be reflective of the whole?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network