Thursday 7 May 2009 2.47pm
A quick reminder that the MSLC meeting is on Monday 11th (see official invite below).The plan is to meet a bit earlier (to feed babies, and introduce ourselves outside of the meeting), and then we can be ready at 12noon to catch the Chair who is only attending the first half of the MSLC meeting.
This plan was put together when a few of us got together last night to discuss the best way forward for working with St Thomas and the MSLC
Items we thought worth putting on the agenda (at some stage) were: Postnatal care, Readmission rates, Antenatal education, Onset of Labour and Getting to hospitals, Policy on the definition of Labour, Access for disadvantaged communities.
However, we all agreed that we need to start by clarifying how best we could work together with hospital staff, and what the rules of the game are:
• Why are there blocks on getting “Lay Users” on board- and how best ensure that they can bring input and challenge to the meetings
• How do “Lay Users” get items on the agenda
• What authority do “Lay Users” have to ask for progress reports, meeting to meeting
• What is the structure of the MSLC and any hierarchy or guidelines or pre-existing
Lets meet at Tommy's Café at 11:15 if it is raining. Or the lawn out front if it is sunny.
Invite details below, as well as a list of suggestions sent out by the Chair. These are on the basis of suggestions made by Lay Users who attended the briefing last week- it is good to see they were taken on board, at least.
This is to inform you that there is an MSLC Meeting next Monday (11th May 2009 at 12.00 noon).
The meeting will take place in the Parent Education Room, 8th Floor, North Wing, STH
Please find attached the following documents:
Some suggestions that have been raised
A crèche and lunch will be provided from 12.00 noon at the next meeting on 11th May.
Here is a link to the updated MSLC website: http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/services/managednetworks/womensservices/maternity/mslc/liaisoncommittee.aspx
Kind regards, Martin.
PA to Lynne Pacanowski
Director of Midwifery & Head of Gynaecology Nursing
North Wing, St Thomas' Hospital
• Tap into other new-parents groups e.g. nurseries, playgroups, HV's, baby clinics.
• Update website.
• Make times more convenient e.g. 1 - 3. Perhaps have a changing meeting time.
• Have a 3-column one pager to show continuity on each topic
• Focus on 1 main topic e.g. expansion, breast feeding, Lower C-Section rates, etc per meeting.
• Continue with ‘walking the patch' sessions.
• MSLC Yahoo Group