Mar i Terra

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 9 May 2009 12.15am
I read some posts rinsing mar i terra's wine-lists, and the owner's rebuttals, which is all very well, but they discount some key points in a restaurant.

We mostly drank beer and sangria, which avoids the pretention and wallet-wounding of wine, and all were fine. The food was more than fine, cracking chicken liver on spinach, an excellent variation on seafood paella and some wonderfully tasty prawns to name a few. It's also rare to find a vagetarian option as good as the spinach and pine nuts.

so the food's great. But why employ simpletons as waiters? At least let them taste the food & drinks so they know what a Manzanilla is. It's a Spanish restaurant after all, and it's on your menu!.

Also, I appreciate you were busy, which is excellent for you in these straightened times, but if we have to wait an hour to order, at least don't try to take my food away just because the girls on my table finished eating! That's serving staff 101, and if i still have food in my mouth, i'm probably still gonna eat that last albondigas, prawn, chorizo pieces, pimento de padron and spicy mushroom thing. Seriously, there was that much. Let me eat it and go away.

Speaking of the padron - they're peppers in salt and olive oil. 5! thet's the definition of a side dish! ?If they were more reasonable, I'd probably have ordered the iberico - you'd have had a bigger bill and I wouldn't have thought you were having a bubble.

Simply put though, the chef's the hard part, tell your staff they were muppets and you're on a winner
Saturday 9 May 2009 3.09pm
the tapas at Brindisa is far superior and the staff are totally professional (and rather easy on the eye!! ;)
Saturday 9 May 2009 5.38pm
vagetarian option! this menu now sounds interesting to me.Ha
Sunday 10 May 2009 12.54pm
in january i tried to organise a low key drinks+tapas evening with some friends there and called to find out whether i needed to book for 8 people on a quiet monday night. the person on the phone was very rude and told me in a pretty unacceptable manner,that i had to book a group menu for 22 a head if i was coming with a large group. now i don't consider 8 to be a large group, but hey. needless to say, i didn't go and never will unless they change their attitude. a shame really, i heard much good things about the food. but unless they change the attitude, customers won't get to taste it, because they won't set a foot in the door. or maybe they are that busy that they don't need new customers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: